489 visa

leigh674

As long as you live and work in regional areas anywhere in Australia you will be eligible for the 887 visa. You need to pay attention to the postcodes of the regional areas and don't get this wrong.

Also either primary applicant or secondary applicant from the 489 visa can be primary applicant of the 887 visa as long as they meet the living for 2 years and working for 1 year in regional Australia requirement.

As apartoff our application we had to write a letter committing to a suburb sstating why we want to live there, did you not have to do this?

How many times? You have to live in a regional area. If you don't believe that, then stick to the suburb you picked.

How many times? You have to live in a regional area. If you don't believe that, then stick to the suburb you picked.

Calm down bingo, just makeing sure, as our goal is to get permanent residency and don't want to do anything that will jeopardize that,

hello Liegh674, i want to know after how many days of submitting EOI, you got state sponsored invitation 489. i have applied for same on 2nd Aug-2015 and didnt get any response till now.

secondly , how can we select any regional area to live. does there are some options in invitation letter or they assign any regional area to us by their own. Please share your findings.

regards

khalid

hello Liegh674, i want to know after how many days of submitting EOI, you got state sponsored invitation 489. i have applied for same on 2nd Aug-2015 and didnt get any response till now.

secondly , how can we select any regional area to live. does there are some options in invitation letter or they assign any regional area to us by their own. Please share your findings.

regards

khalid

Hi Khalid it only took 1 week for our EOI to be approved, but took 6 weeks for our visa to be granted, we had to write a letter of commitment to a certain area, but from what I am gathering we dont have to live in that area, when you visa is granted it will give you a list of postcodes that you can live in,

thank you Liegh for your response.

I don't know why i don't got invitation still. may be this is the reason that my EOI points are 60 so they invite on priority basis.

Person ally sometimes i feel that may be i am missing something or missed any step in process. i want to share it with you as below,

1-Skill assessment +ve ( receive letter on 3rd aug)

2-EOI submitted under 489 with 60pts ( 8th of Aug)

3-South Australia online application submitted for 489. AUD 200 fees paid. ( 12th Aug)

Now waiting. Am i followed everything or miss something from process. Please share your comment.

Archived