• Announcements

• The Pom Queen

New Forum Upgrade   03/24/2017

On behalf of the admin and moderators of the forum we would like to thank you for your patience during the forum upgrade.  We understand that members don't like change, but unfortunately we had to move with the times. There are lots of exciting changes and features to be made in the coming weeks, however, our priority was to get you all back online as quickly as possible. There is a thread in Forum Q & A (accessible via the link below) if there are any urgent issues please post them in there then we can monitor one thread instead of missing posts. Thank you once again The Pom Queen and Cerberus1 ADMIN
Guest Antonella at NAB

NAB Continuing to deliver for customers

12 posts in this topic

AFR Smart Investor's annual flagship award for Bank of the Year has once again gone to NAB – the third time in a row we've taken out the top award.

Award judges said our ability to bring to market simple yet flexible products was a powerful combination that saw us establish a wide lead over our competitors.

CEO Andrew Thorburn said "this award shows the great team effort of everyone at NAB - to zero in on the customer and strive to give them the service they want and products they love.

"It's great to win this award. When our customers speak highly of us, and go out of their way to recommend us to their friends and family – then we will know we are on the right track."

http://www.afrsmartinvestor.com.au/p/new-investor/br_nab_wins_bank_of_the_year_enreynHfHBKO6xbdt8KIJJ

AFR Smart investment award.jpg

AFR Smart investment award.jpg

That is wonderful news Antonella congratulations. When I worked as a relocation agent in Melbourne I dealt with a lot of banks and I have to say NAB really do offer the red carpet treatment to people moving over compared to the other banks. The main things that stood out was a free to use bank account, not many people realise that the major banks charge you to look after your money, some will waiver this fee if you promise to deposit ex thousands of dollars each month, NAB don't charge which is great. The other thing was that clients can choose any branch to produce their ID and they can have their bank cards waiting for collection. A lot of the other banks say they will post them out within 5 working days which is ok but if you are in temporary accommodation and need your money urgently it can be a pain.

Came here in 1985 and used NAB for 5 years, they were great, went back to Ireland and used NIB (their Irish venture) at the time for about 15 years until they were sold to Danske bank unfortunately, now back in Aus and happy to be using NAB once more. So a long time user and love their online banking and flexible attitude over the years. At the time they were the only bank in Ireland that would let you pay your mortgage weekly. Recommend them to anyone i can over the years. So well done and well deserved

I'm about to open my account with NAB. Going to do it on Monday night

1 person likes this

Hi Scottishstacey,

Simply go to http://www.nabgroup.com/migrantbanking, it takes less than ten minutes to apply for the bank account. Please make sure that you complete 'Where did you hear about us' field with 'Poms In Oz', this will ensure you receive priority opening. All members from Poms in Oz receive priority opening when they apply for a NAB bank account.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Safe travels.

Regards,

Antonella

I'm about to open my account with NAB. Going to do it on Monday night

Hi Skippy1,

Thank you for sharing your story and recommendation to our Poms In Oz members for opening a bank account with NAB.

Wishing you all best.

Regards,

Antonella

Came here in 1985 and used NAB for 5 years, they were great, went back to Ireland and used NIB (their Irish venture) at the time for about 15 years until they were sold to Danske bank unfortunately, now back in Aus and happy to be using NAB once more. So a long time user and love their online banking and flexible attitude over the years. At the time they were the only bank in Ireland that would let you pay your mortgage weekly. Recommend them to anyone i can over the years. So well done and well deserved

Hi Scottishstacey,

Simply go to www.nabgroup.com/migrantbanking, it takes less than ten minutes to apply for the bank account. Please make sure that you complete 'Where did you hear about us' field with 'Poms In Oz', this will ensure you receive priority opening. All members from Poms in Oz receive priority opening when they apply for a NAB bank account.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Safe travels.

Regards,

Antonella

hello.

What is priority opening? I'll be opening next week

1 person likes this

I wondered that. What does priority opening mean?

Hi,

When a Poms in Oz member submits an application to open a NAB bank account, the application goes to one of our Operations team member who is dedicated in processing Poms inOz members applications.

Regards,

Antonella

hello.

hello.

I applied on Thursday afternoon and got an email letter from Dolly with my new account details this morning!!

I'm doing the first transactions tomorrow (when the pound will probably get a bit stronger after the bank holiday weekend)

Absolutely brilliant service.

NAB is the first bank I have had no issues with, always great service and so helpful when we initially set up our accounts. Migrant services even tried to help us remortgage our UK house, which didn't work out because of the UK lender's rules, but that was service above and beyond :-)

A short account (pun intended!) of my NAB experience since 1983.

I opened an account in 1981, when I came on a month-long visit to suss out the work scenario. We saved all we could in this account until arrival, which went some way to acquiring a mortgage when the time arrived. With only one hiccup, albeit a pretty major one, we have been with NAB to this day, and have received all the service we ever asked for.

I receive my Service Pension (RAF) by a cheque in Sterling, and it is converted to Aus$ with no charge because it is a Service Pension, not an age one. Over 33 years, that's a considerable saving! Now, I am aware that the bank makes something on the deal, but the beauty of it is that I can hold on to the cheque for the most favourable exchange rate. We have never had a particularly objectionable experience, save that above, and can not foresee any reason to be dissatisfied with our treatment by NAB. Good people, good bank.

TNO.