Welsh in Melbourne??

Guest WelshInMelbourne

Guest CROWEMAN
The Irish are everywhere, so are the English. There's a scattering of the Scotts - but where are the Welsh? I'm Australian (a Melbourne girl) my husband is Welsh..and he misses the homeland..having a laugh with his mates, the sarcasm, the coastal drives, enjoying a good curry - any fellow Welsh living in Melbourne? We are in our 30's with a 5 month old son.

Hope to receive a response :)

Natalie.

Hi Natalie

I'm not Welsh (English, I'm afraid) , but my missus most definitely is. We're currently stuck at Birmingham Airport on our way back to Melbourne after being snowed in last night! Took us 3 hours to get from Monmouth to the airport only for the flight to be cancelled - reminded me why we moved in the first place. Chaos. Shame your hubby couldn't have joined me and my father in law on Saturday at the Robin Hood in Monmouth when the Welsh Rugby team played out of their skins - amazing atmosphere.

Hey - we also have a 5 month old lad too - Cricket for 'Straylia, football for England and Rugby for Wales. Seems fair to me. We're bayside in Brighton.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest phillippa

Hi Everyone Im WElsh too and sort of new to this. Anyone interested in seeing the stereophonics 14 or 15 April in Melbounre. LOL its on thursday night.

If not when is the next welsh meet up? I would like to come along. I heard myself tlak with a funny twang today!!! LOL I need to keep my LOVELY welsh accent, init butt!! LOL

Hi Everyone Im WElsh too and sort of new to this. Anyone interested in seeing the stereophonics 14 or 15 April in Melbounre. LOL its on thursday night.

If not when is the next welsh meet up? I would like to come along. I heard myself tlak with a funny twang today!!! LOL I need to keep my LOVELY welsh accent, init butt!! LOL

hia phillippa

and welcome to this site pio is addicitve so be warned xx

would have loved to see sterophonics but at the mo cant with 3 kids lol

they were fantastic in morfa and would love to see them again

i dont think anyone can lose that welsh accent ! u see butt but i think there may be a welsh meet up quite soon if you are interested x

where abouts are you x

pm me and let me know as i am naff at following threads x

carole x

Guest phillippa

Hi Carole Im so new I dont know what pm is!! LOL. im not very good on here either so I hope I dont miss the thread that says when the welsh are meeting up again. Im based in Mirboo North, lovely little town 2 hours East of Melbourne. Where are you?

Cheers

Phillippa

Guest phillippa

Oh Carole or Poms meet up Lol Shame they seem to always be on Thursdays. Im here with loads of Uk social workers and I know they would love to meet up in Melbourne but the weekend would be more convenient!!!

Oh Carole or Poms meet up Lol Shame they seem to always be on Thursdays. Im here with loads of Uk social workers and I know they would love to meet up in Melbourne but the weekend would be more convenient!!!

hia

i know that the meet up will be on a weekend and pm means send me a personnal message i shall send you a friend request x

carole

Guest morgstooz

count us in for the next meet, it would be great to meet some fellow taffs from the old country, look forward to catching up, sven.:cute:

Guest Lewis clan

Hi All, Right then lets get this Welsh meet up in Melbourne organised eh!!!

How about Sunday 11th April at about 1.00pm at Albert Park in the city - not sure quite where as it will depend on the best space when we get there, so we will put a welsh flag up!!! Just drive around and spot it!!

There are plenty of play areas for the kids as well as barbies! So bring along a picnic and some chairs/rugs, and plenty to talk about.

Obviously not exclusive to just the Welsh on here!! So if you fancy a meet up then come along.

See you there - Hwyl am nawr!!

Guest klong

Hi

I'm Welsh too but living in Perth. Always nice to say hi to someone who gets you and can talk about places you know. I'm from North Wales but lived in Cardiff for years too. Hope you're enjoying Melbourne? I seem to remember there being a street in the city centre somewhere in Melbourne that has a Welsh church because I had a picture taken of myself outside it! :wub:

Hi All, Right then lets get this Welsh meet up in Melbourne organised eh!!!

How about Sunday 11th April at about 1.00pm at Albert Park in the city - not sure quite where as it will depend on the best space when we get there, so we will put a welsh flag up!!! Just drive around and spot it!!

There are plenty of play areas for the kids as well as barbies! So bring along a picnic and some chairs/rugs, and plenty to talk about.

Obviously not exclusive to just the Welsh on here!! So if you fancy a meet up then come along.

See you there - Hwyl am nawr!!

hia lyn

we shall be there i will invite some others if thats ok although not welsh xxx

cant wait to catch up with you again xxx

love carole xx

Guest Lewis clan

Hi, not sure as it will depend on where there is some space near a barbie and play area. We will put up a welsh flag - there shouldn't be too many of them around!! See you there, praying the weather holds up. Lyn

Guest Lewis clan

Hi Morgstooz

This Sunmday 11th April at 1.00pm at Albert Park. Not sure quite where - will look for space but hopefully near a barbie and play area.!! Look for the Welsh flag!!

Hope to c u there

Lyn

Guest CROWEMAN
great to meet up with you guys today x just like a lovely welsh day x

love carole

Sorry we missed it. Hey Paul - see you're from Swansea. Met my wife at Swansea University (sorry, I'm English - don't shoot) and love the place. We visited the uni when we took our little lad back to Wales to meet his grandparents in February - seemed a lot smaller than when we were there in the mid 90's. Used to love standing on the North Bank of the Vetch when Molby was the manager - hopeless, but the pies were good. Cockles at Swansea Market every Saturday - I got 500g when we were there in Feb, wolfed them down and then felt pretty rough in the car on the way back to Monmouth - I'm sure the cockles were fine, just my stomach's a bit older...! I was relieved to see that Bryn Roads as run down as it was when I lived there - just as it should be as a student!

Archived