Lurkio

Why don't youse **** off back where you came from

Lovin that! Always a pleasure to interact with the locals. Rockingham WA

at the very most ask your grandparents that question..........

Edited by Lurkio

:cool:

Can you set the scene?

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

our eyes met across the bar......

My car share is Scottish with a Nigerian dad. She told me she was in tescos, when someone pushed in front of her. When challenged, the woman told her to **** off back to where she came from.

I asked whether she meant Scotland or Nigeria.

I got this from a pommie mate last night during our weekly drinks.

I told him to **** back off to where he'd come from! :laugh:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm not sure how I would react to that!

React to the crappy bottle of fireplace ashes?

or the knee jerk comment delivered in disgust due to the dismal performance of a bunch of overpaid (by my taxes) prima donnas who need to now go out and get a real job?

Umm.. Being told to piss off where I came from. I could t read your pic properly because of my lovely cracked phone

Umm.. Being told to piss off where I came from. I could t read your pic properly because of my lovely cracked phone

The bottle says 'Genuine ashes to commemorate Australia's 60 all out'

He started it m'lord :laugh:

And its just banter, too and fro.......

I hope you aren't picking on pommies! I don't know anything about the ashes so all the jokes go right over my head but they were winding adam hills about it on the last leg there. I think he thought australia would win

I'm sure it would never happen, never happened to me in Rockingham or anywhere else and never ever heard of anyone else having it said to them here. Probably takes a special person or situation to have that happen to them I reckon.

I'm sure it would never happen, never happened to me in Rockingham or anywhere else and never ever heard of anyone else having it said to them here. Probably takes a special person or situation to have that happen to them I reckon.

Maybe because you are too good looking :wubclub::cute:

Edited by gee13

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

Maybe because you are too good looking :wubclub::cute:

Why bless you kind sir! The cheque is in the post! :wink:

Why bless you kind sir! The cheque is in the post! :wink:

I need it.. the low dollar to quids gonna kill me when I get back to Blighty :laugh:

Edited by gee13

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

Hardly original. Wonder what context it was used? Probably not as widely used or heard as once but still out there. In fact people are told in perhaps slightly more subtle forms as much on forums as this one.

Probably takes a special person or situation to have that happen to them I reckon.

Always knew I was special :laugh: happened a few times now.

Never in the city though. Alas rednecks and bogans are alive and kicking in the bush (in this case - small country backward town in outback QLD - then again Queenslanders seem to hate everyone!)

OMFG. These baked beans are lethal..............

If anybody's really rude to me they'll get a mouthful of abuse back even if they don't understand what im saying :laugh:

do queensland and NSW have a rivalry thing?

We thought of living near a town called Boonah in Qld 34 years ago but there was no way I could have lived there. I was shocked at the homophobia, racist and sexism bantered around in everyday conversation - hopefully it's changed over the years. The only other place I felt uncomfortable was in a small town in SA but I can't remember it's name. However, nobody has ever said "Youse **** off to wherever you came from".

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Rockingham does have a reputation as being bogan, but it's also very highly populated by Brits, and not small in anyway shape or form.

Wondering what you did/said to get that reaction

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

The only other place I felt uncomfortable was in a small town in SA but I can't remember it's name..

I felt very uncomfortable in Byron Bay NSW. It is a tourist town that positively hates tourists!

Loads of travellers I have met have mentioned it (so not just me being insane) and some horrible encounters have been told about tourists being abused verbally. There is a real negative dark energy there. Very unfriendly place - which is a shame because the surrounding country side and beaches are lovely.

OMFG. These baked beans are lethal..............

See it on car stickers a fair bit. Always makes me laugh when the likelihood the driver will be no more than a few generations Australian

Did you take the opportunity to pick them up on their shocking grammar? It would only have been fair! But they may not have appreciated it.

My daughter's friend, who was from Rockingham, got that at the very 'lovely' private school they were at in Sydney, as did several of the Chinese students.

Horrible for them, but the girl who was the main ringleader had originally come from the UK, albeit as a toddler.

Oh, the irony!