Sign in to follow this  
Guest deanno

resident return visa subclass 151

Guest deanno

I first looked at this visa last year and started getting all the evidence required together but then thought i was a few months short of the required 9 years. But now after receiving back movement records from Australia it seems i have 9 years and a few months:smile:. I under 45,only just,so thats ok. But i have no close family,just cousins on my wife's side.But i have kept in contact with friends for the last 30 years,we moved back to the UK in 77. I have no xmas cards or anything like that but i can do a stat dec and my friends are willing to do the same for me. Would this be enough and is it worth my applying.Is this visa automatically granted, as i know they are very rare. Any one have any thoughts on this, i just don't feel it would be granted after spending over 30 years away from OZ.

Deanno

Guest Pingpongpom

Hi..i also returned from Aus in 1977 and applied for the Former Resident Sub Class 151 visa in 1998 for myself and my family..i had spent over 11 years in Aus..i gathered documents to say i had entered Australia in 1966 with my parents..all my school records and medical records from Aus and anything which supported proof of residency (did not have proof of first Primary School, so sent off to them for the records which they still had)..also got my brother, relatives and friends to send letters to say i had kept in touch with them over the years, which i had..i also included a letter from myself as to how i had missed Australia over the years and why i wanted to return with my family..towards the end they needed proof that i had never left Australia in the 11 years as there were some gaps in evidence..so i sent off to Canberra House for records of my flights in and out of Australia, and that was enough proof..we as a family were granted Permanent Residency in 1999..it's definately worth you applying..as long as you fit all the criteria needed, i don't think it matters how long you have been out of Australia..good luck to you..

Tess:cute:

Guest deanno

Thanks for the response. I have trouble with my school records as there is a couple of gaps and they are towards the end of my time in OZ,school destroyed them after so many years.Can i ask how you got your medical records. Did you do stat declarations as well for friends etc.Can i ask what gaps you had,sorry for being nosey its just i'm going to do this on my own without an agent.

Dean

Guest Pingpongpom

..we did not use an agent with our application, but we did ask an agent to look over the final application and evidence sent, just to save time incase we had not included all they needed..my Mum had kept my medical records and given them to me when we got married with all the other Aus stuff..i think we did stat dec from my Mum and Dad as to when we arrived and time spent there, but all the rest were just letters from people..your case officer will tell you just what you need after you send in your application..my gaps were also in school years as we moved, and that if i can remember rightly was when they asked for flight records..

Guest deanno
..we did not use an agent with our application, but we did ask an agent to look over the final application and evidence sent, just to save time incase we had not included all they needed..my Mum had kept my medical records and given them to me when we got married with all the other Aus stuff..i think we did stat dec from my Mum and Dad as to when we arrived and time spent there, but all the rest were just letters from people..your case officer will tell you just what you need after you send in your application..my gaps were also in school years as we moved, and that if i can remember rightly was when they asked for flight records..

Thanks i will get on this now. How long did it take to be granted a visa from applying and i assume its the same as other visa's in that you have to validate within the 1 year,etc. Its hard to get answers without paying anything

Guest Pingpongpom

..yep no problem..from memory it took about 9 months..i'll ask my husband later, but i'm sure that's right..and yes you have to validate within the year of it being granted..good luck..