Seats on the plane

Guest51810

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stacey, 'seat guru' will help you with good or bad seats, but as you want an isle seat then you have to consider the seating configuration, a centre 3 or 4 seat would be better as only one person at the most would need to get past you, which is the same for window seats if in twos but avoid 3 seats at window as 2 people will need to get past you. Sitting over the wings will give you a comfier ride, nearer the front will get you off the plane quicker, that's if 2 minutes is going to make a big difference, at the back you will have a slightly bumpier and noisier flight, avoid seats near toilets and galley's where people will gather and tend to bump your seat more often.

Happy flying.

When you flying Stace?

Don't go for the crappy rows of 2. Emergency exit are good. If you are not in a hurry go down the back. It will be noisier, but have the least people. I tend to go for a central isle. I'm hoping to get a stretch of four to myself. But I'm flying in Nov.

+1 for Seat Guru

Avoid seats near toilets and galleys as you'll get disturbed quite a bit.

Seats behind the wings are safer statistically in the event of a crash.

I fly on the 2nd of November Newjez. Thanks everyone, im on seat guru at the moment. I've found out my first one is a boeing 787-8 Dreamliner and my second one is a A350-900. Then its scoot to Sydney but that's only 8 hours so Ill survive that. Not that these mean anything to me but it might mean something to you guys! I'm really dreading the flights. I hope I don't get stuck beside someone even more annoying than me.. if that's possible :laugh:

its saying - All A, C, D, F, H, and K seats may have restricted legoom and limited under seat storage space due to the presence of an entertainment equipment box.

I'm choosing not to read the reviews at the bottom lol

Underseat storage doesn't matter so much and since you're not 6 foot I think you'll be fine with the leg room!

When I've seen spare seats on the plane, they tend to be in centre section. Sometimes lucky people get all four seats to stretch out!! I'd choose an aisle seat in the centre section - you may just be lucky and have space(s) next to you. Irrespective of when I check in, there never seems to be much of a choice of seats - I don't know how people manage to snaffle the good ones....

I've just remembered sir les works for a airline, I should have chatted him up :laugh: only joking. I think I have more chance of winning the lottery than getting a upgrade from the airline. Never mind, I can dream!

I'm actually starting to regret doing the whole stopover thing and wish I was going straight there with Singapore airlines but never mind! Should still be a good experience

When I've seen spare seats on the plane, they tend to be in centre section. Sometimes lucky people get all four seats to stretch out!! I'd choose an aisle seat in the centre section - you may just be lucky and have space(s) next to you. Irrespective of when I check in, there never seems to be much of a choice of seats - I don't know how people manage to snaffle the good ones....

You choose at the time of booking (or as near damn possible) not at check-in

That would be my pick too - D or F. I'm the same height as you - I don't think restricted legroom would be an issue.

One other tip - avoid seats which are right in front of a partition. They won't be able to recline.