189 Visa Lodged August 2015

I hope I'm ok to post this. Thought I'd start things off. I lodged my application on August 3rd and front loaded all documents including police certificate and Medical. Visa fee paid in full.

Good luck to everyone applying this month and may the time pass swiftly.

Hi , to being with i would like to congrtulate you for crossing first hurdle. I would like to know can PCC and medical kept ready well in advance ? if yes , then how many months old reports are acceptable ? Also if you are from India by chance , can PCC be applied without any proof from Australian embassy ?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Rara82! It's an amazing feeling, eh? Bizarrely I also got a job starting January today so it's a double celebration for us.

I'd also like to say thanks to everyone on here for keeping me company and sane over the past while - you are all worth your weight in gold. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting... it's totally worth it :)

I lodge visa on 14th Aug. My heart was pounding every time i read this forum. I hope gonna get mine soon.

Immi mentioned 2nd applicants should have IELTS with average band of 4.5. My hubby only manage to score 4.0 for writing but avg score is more than 4.5. Do I have to pay the 2nd installment? Was a bit upset on this. No time for him to retake i guess by looking at the update from people who lodge before me.

@Karenz , were you invited to apply?

Your husband does not meet the requirements for the 189 or any other general skilled visa, how did you get to the point of submitting your application?

He needs to score at a competent level ( 6 for IELTS) in each module (the average score is irrelevant), which is you can read more on here:

https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-english.php

Edited by supercow

Congratulations Rara82! It's an amazing feeling, eh? Bizarrely I also got a job starting January today so it's a double celebration for us.

I'd also like to say thanks to everyone on here for keeping me company and sane over the past while - you are all worth your weight in gold. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting... it's totally worth it :)

Great double news!!! Congratulations!!

Hi Supercow,

Im the main applicant with 60 marks and I already lodge visa on 14th Aug. He's attach to my application. He just need functional english. It mentioned for secondary applicant, U just need avg score of 4.5. It sounds like it doesn't matter if any of the module is <4.5. Just wanna clarify whether my understanding is correct.

Just a note for people waiting and frantically reloading the forum thread and google docs spreadsheet, Applied 2015/08/18, All docs (pcc, medicals, work references, skills assessment & form 80) certified and front loaded ahead of time, Direct Grant processed by the Adelaide office this morning (2015/09/28)

NOTE: I got the "You EOI has been removed" email before I got the visa grant email, so there was some tense moments, but it turned out well :)

* I should update my original post just so the information is in order/complete for others applying/who have applied and are watching the grants come in :)

I submitted all pcc's, job references and pay stubs, skills assessments, education credentials, et al all at the initial application time. The medical was processed via eMedical (on shore in NSW) after my application was submitted online and form 80 was uploaded after the original submission to round out the application to be as decision ready as possible, both were completed before the 30 day mark

Edited by canadiandownunder

Hey, count me in for visa grant this week please. I lodged on on 14th Aug. But I think have to upload the 1023 form for wrong information provided later as i include few of my family members as non-migrating dependents which i think i was wrong. I have to get them removed from my application as they are not financially depends on me or migrating with me. (T,T)

Edited by Karenz