189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question regarding the immi account. We are using an agent but they did give us the login details so we could sort medicals etc. I have been checking it the last few days 1st thing in the morning to see if we have our grant! (impatient I know!!)

But does it always update on there anyway? It currently says application received but if we were assigned a co or issued a direct grant, would it actually change the status on there anyway? Can we actually see if anyone has physically looked at our application yet? Just wondered if it would only get sent to our agent rather than updating on there?

A question regarding the immi account. We are using an agent but they did give us the login details so we could sort medicals etc. I have been checking it the last few days 1st thing in the morning to see if we have our grant! (impatient I know!!)

But does it always update on there anyway? It currently says application received but if we were assigned a co or issued a direct grant, would it actually change the status on there anyway? Can we actually see if anyone has physically looked at our application yet? Just wondered if it would only get sent to our agent rather than updating on there?

Sadly not. You'll only know if anything is happening if you get a request for further information, or a visa grant.

Of interest to fellow August applicants, there seems to have been a number of visa grants for applicants up to and including August 3rd, but none after this time.... Logically, this should change next week, although I do wonder if DIBP will naturally focus on people prior to August 3rd....

just for anyone who's interested...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit?type=view&gid=277&+f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=1250&pli=1#gid=1024841965

Sadly not. You'll only know if anything is happening if you get a request for further information, or a visa grant.

So will the status update on the immi page then? It just says application received as it has always done. Do they actually update this if a co is assigned, or a direct grant is given?

So will the status update on the immi page then? It just says application received as it has always done. Do they actually update this if a co is assigned, or a direct grant is given?

No update if a CO is assigned, UNLESS they require further information...then it changes to information requested.

When you've uploaded all of the information it goes to assessment in progress.

When the visa is granted it changes to finalised.

See the blue part of this flow diagram >

12a162fa862dbdcf540ec9283e4f6cd5.jpg

Congratulations on your grant Crookywooky, and the case officer JenPen. Pommie & Mazza - you must be due to receive an email soon! I have an interview for a job tomorrow morning, got everything crossed that my 6th Aug application will be processed by then so I can say that my visa is in place. I think I'm being a wee bit optimistic though!

Congratulations on your grant Crookywooky, and the case officer JenPen. Pommie & Mazza - you must be due to receive an email soon! I have an interview for a job tomorrow morning, got everything crossed that my 6th Aug application will be processed by then so I can say that my visa is in place. I think I'm being a wee bit optimistic though!

It's imminent, Chatterbox! Best of luck

I am going to take the IELTS test and submit the EOI (for 189) afterward. Have a couple of questions AFTER getting the invitation/VISA. Hope someone can shed light on it...

- As I am applying with a specific skill (software engineer), does it mean that I MUST look for a job of the same area? Are there any restriction and validation (e.g. will my VISA retrofit if I work as a Project Manager?)

- Is it that I only need to stay in Australia for minimum 2 years within a 5-years period? Or what is the latest date to migrate to Australia? I ask this question is for 2 reasons: 1) for a better preparation for some family reason, it would be ideal to migrate in around 3 years later; 2) BUT, if I apply later I will loss point due to the age group issue.

Thanks!

(Repost with corrected typo)

I am going to take the IELTS test and submit the EOI (for 189) afterward. Have a couple of questions AFTER getting the invitation/VISA. Hope someone can shed light on it...

- As I am applying with a specific skill (software engineer), does it mean that I MUST look for a job of the same area? Are there any restriction and validation (e.g. will my VISA void if I work as a Project Manager?)

- Is it that I only need to stay in Australia for minimum 2 years within a 5-years period? Or what is the latest date to migrate to Australia? I ask this question is for 2 reasons: 1) for a better preparation for some family reason, it would be ideal to migrate in around 3 years later; 2) BUT, if I apply later I will loss point due to the age group issue.

Thanks!

Granted this am for de facto partner and I, lodged 4th Aug [emoji4]

Congratulations. All the best for your future. Where do you hope to move to? When do you plan to move.

JenPen - I hope you get the last stage out of the way soon. What did the CO request?

It's still not really sank in for me this the 16th September. So much to arrange before I go in March/April or May

I hope so..... exciting times...!!!