189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well, nothing this week then....

I keep bloody waking up at 4 in the morning to check my phone for emails, then can;t go back to sleep again :(

On the VISA spreadsheet (see link) there is one applicant from August who has received an invite. Looks unusually quick.... but as you can see the invites are getting closer to our timeline !!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit?type=view&gid=277&+f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=1250&pli=1#gid=277

Hello lovely fellow Augustiners!

I too am flitting between the August and July thread EVERY day. Think I'm obsessed. We have it marked on our calendar when our "#weeks since applied# milestones occur. My in-laws are visiting on Sunday and if they see this they'll probably think I'm pregnant as our calendar is covered with "6 weeks", "7 weeks" etc.

Fingers crossed everyone :)

P.S. We haven't told the folks our plans yet - not sure how that conversation will go...

On the VISA spreadsheet (see link) there is one applicant from August who has received an invite. Looks unusually quick.... but as you can see the invites are getting closer to our timeline !!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit?type=view&gid=277&+f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=1250&pli=1#gid=277

Where does this spreadsheet come from? Who updates it?

Where does this spreadsheet come from? Who updates it?

Hi Mazza

Its a live web based spreadsheet and is updated by applicants / individuals. It relies on people being honest and of course people returning to update it after visa grant.... but its a useful guide as to how grants are tracking....

Insert a line for yourself in date order and complete it.....

That spreadsheet is super handy, thanks. This is the first I've seen of forms 80 & 1221. Is it a good idea to fill these in before a CO is assigned do you think?

Hey all, I applied on the 9th of september, uploaded all docs on the same day except for my birth cert, PCC, and health. Still didn't hear anything yet from anyone (no surprise there) but I'm considering filling and uploading form 80 (along with PCC, medical and my birth cert.) just in case even though I wasn't asked to. Is that a good idea??

Hey all, I applied on the 9th of september, uploaded all docs on the same day except for my birth cert, PCC, and health. Still didn't hear anything yet from anyone (no surprise there) but I'm considering filling and uploading form 80 (along with PCC, medical and my birth cert.) just in case even though I wasn't asked to. Is that a good idea??

Hi everyone,

yet again... Confusion has hit!!

1) Is the CO allocated within the 60 days you have to submit your documents, or after you have submitted the application in full?

2) What is Form 80 I keep seeing people talk about?

3) How do I open an Immi Account?

Thanks

That spreadsheet is super handy, thanks. This is the first I've seen of forms 80 & 1221. Is it a good idea to fill these in before a CO is assigned do you think?

Hi Johnny

some people get a direct grant without firm 80 and others get asked to do it..... I did it, just to try and head off any delay..... It's a bit of a pain in the arse to complete mind, so worth thinking about it in case you are asked for it.

im not sure about the other form - I think it's for people from high risk countries.... So if your from the UK, then you should not need to worry about it...

Hi Mo

i would get it updated as it will be needed at some point... I'm not sure on the medical whether you can do this before it is asked. Send a email to Captain C - I'm sure he will be able to advise you in this regard.

Hey all...further to query from Moh...is form 80 required to be uploaded .anyone who was requested this before...

Expatriate - as you can see from above, form 80 is not mandatory but is often requested. Some people get rants without it.... It's all down to the CO on the day. I did it and I would advise the same - that way you can front load it and not worry about it....

Hi everyone,

yet again... Confusion has hit!!

1) Is the CO allocated within the 60 days you have to submit your documents, or after you have submitted the application in full?

2) What is Form 80 I keep seeing people talk about?

3) How do I open an Immi Account?

Thanks

Jambolina - where are you in the process ?? have you submitted an EOI as yet and received an invite ??

you have 60 days to lodge a visa application once invited.... You generally have 28 days to upload documents after you lodge your visa application. The 60 days is not a direct reference to the CO being allocated...

when end you get an invite email - you create a Immi account..... There should be a link on the email you received...

Jambolina - where are you in the process ?? have you submitted an EOI as yet and received an invite ??

you have 60 days to lodge a visa application once invited.... You generally have 28 days to upload documents after you lodge your visa application. The 60 days is not a direct reference to the CO being allocated...

when end you get an invite email - you create a Immi account..... There should be a link on the email you received...

Hi Pommie,

Yep I got my invite on 7th Sep & now have 60 days to do everything. I haven't pushed the button yet, as that's when I believe you pay and you have 28 days to upload documents.... & hopefully then it will let me register for an Immi account?! I'm just getting a few bits of evidence together.

I have the form 80 to start filling in just in case they ask for it, as it's HUGE! But what do you do if you don't have records of all the foreign holidays you have had in 10yrs, I mean who does?!! I certainly don't have that info...would this go against me?

Trying to ensure I have everything and then hopefully the CO will be satisfied & just grant the visa.

I've read you can apply for medicals and police checks whenever you want :-)

Hi Pommie,

Yep I got my invite on 7th Sep & now have 60 days to do everything. I haven't pushed the button yet, as that's when I believe you pay and you have 28 days to upload documents.... & hopefully then it will let me register for an Immi account?! I'm just getting a few bits of evidence together.

I have the form 80 to start filling in just in case they ask for it, as it's HUGE! But what do you do if you don't have records of all the foreign holidays you have had in 10yrs, I mean who does?!! I certainly don't have that info...would this go against me?

Trying to ensure I have everything and then hopefully the CO will be satisfied & just grant the visa.

I've read you can apply for medicals and police checks whenever you want :-)

Form 80 can be a real bitch... I think you have to fill it in to the best of your ability (it is a legal document), but I can't help thinking that practically, not everyone will get it 100% right...

look ok for stamps on old passports / receipts for holiday payments / bank statements etc.... Also, A good old think about where you have been does help...

i I did the PCC and Medicaid upfront - I would certainly get on with pulling your stuff together as you say as 60 days soon passes...

good luck

Expatriate - as you can see from above, form 80 is not mandatory but is often requested. Some people get rants without it.... It's all down to the CO on the day. I did it and I would advise the same - that way you can front load it and not worry about it....

Thanks Pommie.....i have uploaded all docs except PCC and medicals.....hopefully PCCs should be ready by end of this week and medicals before I go on Europe vacation....n then keeping our fingers crossed to get thru before Nov2015...

Wow, just had a look at the spreadsheet again and someone else has their grant that applied 3/8 and someone else has had c/o requests. Seems really quick, won't be long now if this is all true!

I was contacted by an Aussie company (that I've had previous conversations with, through some measure of nepotism) ... and they asked me if I'll be available for interview towards the end of November. It so happens, that it's a job right up my alley, in the ideal location outside of a main City... 10 minutes form where I intend to live.

I've been in sporadic contact with them for well over a year, and for them to contact me like this out of the blue, does bode well for me but it really makes the wait that little bit extra stressful.

Hope all these quick grants we're seeing will apply to us too! :D

Wow, just had a look at the spreadsheet again and someone else has their grant that applied 3/8 and someone else has had c/o requests. Seems really quick, won't be long now if this is all true!

Hey....im still awaiting to hear on allocation of a CO...do we get an email once a CO is appointed to handle a case...how is it..i have checked my immi acct as well as emails..nothing as yet...