189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another August 189 applicant checking into this thread. Have already front loaded Police Check and Medical so trying to keep productive clearing out house; selling/binning things rather than just sitting waiting, idly twiddling thumbs waiting on Case Officer to be assigned. Hopefully have visa by October sometime. My wife and I hoping to head out to WA early next year. Can't wait! :)

1 more week gone. 20th July have some granted now. August is close. I'm sure. Any others that applied in August that haven't added themselves to this thread, it'd be great to hear from you also.

Hey Kewlguitarist

I'm trying to stay relaxed through September, but like you I can;t help notice some early invites for the mid July lodgements. The problem is that some from June still don't have a VISA, so I figure on trying to be relaxed for 2 months and then I am planning on being 'on the edge of my seat' in October ;-) .....

Edited by Pommie

Hey Kewlguitarist

I'm trying to stay relaxed through September, but like you I can;t help notice some early invites for the mid July lodgements. The problem is that some from June still don't have a VISA, so I figure on trying to be relaxed for 2 months and then I am planning on being 'on the edge of my seat' in October ;-) .....

See we worked on it being mid October to have our visas, but after reading about some coming through a lot quicker are starting to get impatient now! Just want it in writing so can exchange on house, book shipper etc.!!

Perhaps it's the ones with all docs front-loaded that are getting granted quicker when their time rolls around? We're just waiting on police clearance docs from UK & SA, then that should be everything.

Do you guys have everything certified? I only uploaded certified copies of some of our docs, the rest are just normal copies. Seems like that's fine based on forum posts, but the website says they should be certified...

Perhaps it's the ones with all docs front-loaded that are getting granted quicker when their time rolls around? We're just waiting on police clearance docs from UK & SA, then that should be everything.

Do you guys have everything certified? I only uploaded certified copies of some of our docs, the rest are just normal copies. Seems like that's fine based on forum posts, but the website says they should be certified...

You definitely don't need certified copies for an online application. The website has actually been updated to reflect that.

I keep bouncing from this thread, to the "Lodged July" bunch :D

My agent lodged my application on the 16th July, but I didn't front load my medicals and Form80. The DIBP requested those on the 6th August, and I supplied them on the 13th. So while technically I'm in the July bunch, reality is that my counter only started with you lot :)

Mentally calibrated my expectations to October, but strangely, my (MARA registered agent) said that he was expecting something back from the DIBP by the end of THIS WEEK! Trying not to think about it or changing my expectations, but I can't help feeling a little anxious !

Hi all new to the forum I lodged my 189 visa on the 3rd of August and uploaded all documents the following day. Its so great to have found this thread so can keep an eye out for when the visas are coming through. Hate the waiting game but the day we all get that email saying visa granted will be worth it.

Hi all new to the forum I lodged my 189 visa on the 3rd of August and uploaded all documents the following day. Its so great to have found this thread so can keep an eye out for when the visas are coming through. Hate the waiting game but the day we all get that email saying visa granted will be worth it.

Hey guys,

When uploading the documents can you do this over a few separate days, as & when I'm getting the evidence through? I know the deadline is 60 days, so I'm hoping so.....

Yes once you pay the fee you have 60 days to upload the documents. But in case a case officier picks up your file before that try and get them uploaded as quick as possible to prevent any delays to your application.

No, it's 60 days to apply (pay the VAC) following an invitation. You'll need to upload documents within roughly 28 days.