189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope!I just had a minor liver infection which was well cured and only traces are left which is similar like a burnt mark left according to my doctors.

so it is because of 815 that my arrival date is early ? and how to register ?

Yes, it's because your medical exam revealed the liver problem.

You need to call 1300 794 919 within 28 days of arrival into Australia. They will explain what you have to do next.

You must enter before 28th April 2016, or your visa will be cancelled.

The health undertaking also explains the delay in getting your grant.

Yes, it's because your medical exam revealed the liver problem.

You need to call 1300 794 919 within 28 days of arrival into Australia. They will explain what you have to do next.

You must enter before 28th April 2016, or your visa will be cancelled.

The health undertaking also explains the delay in getting your grant.

Is it Ok or a thing to worry about ? I had my chest xray here and checked the report with my surgeon here . Acc to him ,its OK. I was 11 years old when this problem occured and currently I dont hav any health issues (Physically or Mentally)

Is it Ok or a thing to worry about ? I had my chest xray here and checked the report with my surgeon here . Acc to him ,its OK. I was 11 years old when this problem occured and currently I dont hav any health issues (Physically or Mentally)

No, it's nothing to worry about. The form 815 would have explained it all.

The health undertaking is an agreement that you will comply with the conditions. It is often the case that you will not even need to attend a further medical examination. If that's the case then BUPA (who run the medical undertaking on behalf of DIBP) will then inform the department of your compliance with the visa condition.

You will need take your completed 815 form with you.

See https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-undertakings for more information

• 1 month later...

i submitted all documents for myself and my wife on January 25th. We are moving from USA and are U.S citizens. Medicals completed in December and all police checks have been submitted before Jan 25th. It has been 3 months since i have submitted my application for Subclass 189 Skilled - independent visa. I did contact the DIBP last week and they said that they are doing a background check and they have everything they need.

What does this background check entitles and how long does it usually goes for ? The website says that it takes approximately 3 months for 189 to process. Is this normal ?

• 6 months later...
No idea friend. Actually if you have carefully read form 80 , it says all gaps /unemployment period need to be updated with reasons/answers. For financial support , they asked me only for bachelor studies which i explained to them.

Umair, I hope u have reached safely, I just have same email regarding two gaps as i was unemployed and also asked about bachelor and masters financial support, first can you please confirm how to respond this email , i mean just simply reply to email or completing new form 80 or 1223 with updated information.

Secondly, what to explain as i do not have any evidence to prove like it was support by family members at various times. ? what was ur explanation for bachelor finance. do they ask for bank statement or any other evidance.appreciate your quick reply