189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been asked the same.

Is this fee -4885- total amount you paid for your wife or it is additional second installment only ?

I already paid 1800AUD for her when I lodged my application

Hi Roman,

It is the second instalment. We paid it in addition to the spouse visa application fee which is 1800 AUD. You're close to getting your visa, by the way:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do all the family members have to enter Australia at the same time or can we go at different times before the initial entry date? In my case entry date is August 2016.

Also once we are enter is there a mandate that we have to be there for XX months to make sure we get any ID proof etc from the Australian authorities?

Do all the family members have to enter Australia at the same time or can we go at different times before the initial entry date? In my case entry date is August 2016.

Also once we are enter is there a mandate that we have to be there for XX months to make sure we get any ID proof etc from the Australian authorities?

According to my migration agent, you can enter Australia on different dates but must enter before the first entry date.

We are assuming that it's only the visa applicant that needs to enter Australia by the given date. Those with Australian passports can, presumably, enter and leave as many times as they wish. I haven't checked this, but it makes sense to me!

Aaallllll by myself......dont wanna be aaallllll by myself.....anymore!!

I do believe I am the only one remaining on this thread still waiting for a visa!!! and I dont wanna be!!!:cry:

I am seriously contemplating calling them, (but then again I dont have a number!)

Aaallllll by myself......dont wanna be aaallllll by myself.....anymore!!

I sort of sang that line in my head while i was reading it :))

You're definitely not alone. Many others in are still waiting, some people since May last year.

You could send an email at gsm.allocated@border.gov.au. Just keep your TRN and passport details ready so the processing officer that picks up can look up your file easily. good luck :)

Edited by CaptainC
Removed DIBP phone number and external website

Thanks @Perthiling thats very kind of you. We gave them a call and they said that someone would be looking at it within the next 2 weeks. My hubby explained that we had a potential buyer for our business and couldn't really move forward without a visa - she then said she would put a note on as urgent.

So hopefully, praying, wishing upon a rainbow....there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

One thing I feel I do have to have a little rant about is I asked our migration agents for the immigration number and they said they didnt have one bear in mind they cost me over £2,000 for their services.....yet I got it from the PIO forum!!!! How does that work out?

oh thats good news for you :) hopefully before the month ends you have the golden email :D

i actually wished we hired a MARA agent, they provide great value when the case isnt straightforward when work experience has to be verified etc. anyway it will all be worth it once you get that grant. things will eventually fall into place at the right time, not a day earlier or later. Good luck to you and your husband!:)

oh thats good news for you :) hopefully before the month ends you have the golden email :D

i actually wished we hired a MARA agent, they provide great value when the case isnt straightforward when work experience has to be verified etc. anyway it will all be worth it once you get that grant. things will eventually fall into place at the right time, not a day earlier or later. Good luck to you and your husband!:)

Any new grant for August batch?

Any new grant for August batch?

My first post... read the comments everyday and calm myself down... But this wait is taking more than what i had expected...

Any one still waiting from Aug 2015...

EOI: 03/07/15

Invite 06/07/15

Visa lodged 04/08/15

CO contact 25/09/15

Medicals done 29/09/15

Request complete on immi account 09/11/15

Embassy verification call 11/12/15 - Requested for some documents, sent on same day

VISA GRANTED ......:SLEEP:

My first post... read the comments everyday and calm myself down... But this wait is taking more than what i had expected...

Any one still waiting from Aug 2015...

Invite 06/07/15

Visa lodged 04/08/15

CO contact 25/09/15

Medicals done 29/09/15

Embassy verification call 11/12/15 - Requested for some documents, sent on same day

VISA GRANTED ......:SLEEP:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your grant.

OOPS

Invite 06/07/15

Visa lodged 04/08/15

CO contact 25/09/15

Medicals done 29/09/15

VISA GRANTED ......SLEEP.gifStill waiting... from long time....

Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me as to how long should one stay to retain the PR and what are the rules for citizenship?

Easy mate.. you've just got your PR. :smile: Plan for moving to Australia rather than obtaining Citizenship.

You may refer to http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Retu/residence-calculator for Citizenship criteria. I hope this clarified your query. All the best.