189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitted application online UK 27 March 2015. CO assigned 15 May 2015. Advised not to do medicals or police checks before Sept 27 2015, so we did those October 2015. Beginning of Dec 2015, rang the people in London who said they have all the information they need now, so we just wait. They reminded us that the timeframe is 10 - 14 months.

share your timeline mate!:)

Application Submitted: 13 August 2015

Information Requested: 09 October 2015

Medicals & PCC completed: 22 October 2015

Form 815 requested: 28 November 2015, uploaded: 01 December

VAC2 payment requested: 15 December 2015, paid: 17 December

Visa Granted: 18 December 2015 :)

Any ideas why mine is taking so much longer???? I thought we were an easy case...just the two of us and we've been married 25 years!

I think you're confusing the visas. Yours is an off-shore partner visa which has a processing time of 10-14 months. This thread is related to 189 visas which normally take about 3 months, although some recent applicants have received grants in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

I mistakenly have selected RMSM under visa type for assessment of my occupation at Vetassesss. I thought it is State sponsored Visa 190 but it has been revealed to me today that RSMS is visa 187. I just made payment yesterday and have submitted my documents. Now what should I do to rectify the visa type to get assessment correctly?. Kindly help members in this...I request you all.

Regards

The VISA officer from the local country embassy did reach out to my current company to check if i am working there. my designation, salary. DOB etc. Does this generally happen and is this a positive step?

My HR replied to them and they were satisfied. Fingers crossed.

I think its Ok. They dint ask u at the time of CDR /assessment ?

It was asked when i paid the fees when we upload all documents. Not sure what that confirmation was for.

Ok. For me , no contact as yet . I provided all pay slips , contracts copy , Tax returns and business cards.

Also during the time of CDR , my experience was assessed (but there was no call at that time also )

The VISA officer from the local country embassy did reach out to my current company to check if i am working there. my designation, salary. DOB etc. Does this generally happen and is this a positive step?

My HR replied to them and they were satisfied. Fingers crossed.

This is a very common thing. It's also an indicator to you that things are still being worked on and you haven't been forgotten about!

This is a very common thing. It's also an indicator to you that things are still being worked on and you haven't been forgotten about!

True that Captain. Thank you for the reassurance. As you said they are still working on it so there is some light that i hope to see. I know this is vacation time, so no point in getting frustrated now. Enjoy the vacation and hope to come back to some godo news in 2016.

So do I!

My migration agent told the CO that we would pay the fee rather than providing evidence of English when they first contacted us.

The fee is 4885 AUD.

I have been asked the same.

Is this fee -4885- total amount you paid for your wife or it is additional second installment only ?

I already paid 1800AUD for her when I lodged my application

Left on the shelf.....?

Is there any other UK applicants still waiting for their visa's lodged in August?

It is now over 5 months . Hindsight is a really wonderful thing... if you got it earlier! I strongly believe that if I had uploaded our police checks right at the beginning I'm sure I would have received our grants months ago. I had the police checks to them within a week of their request, then nothing until over a month later, then got a request for a Character reference (Form 80) now well over a month later nothing again.

I think it is a case of....if you have all your documents uploaded at the ready you are rewarded with a quick grant, if not then you deserve to wait!!

Really fed up now:sad: