PTE-A Test Result: 25-05-2015 Overall: 88

EOI Submitted: 05-06-2015 (65 points)

EOI Updated: 18-07-2915 (70 points)

EOI Invite: 03-08-2015

App. submitted: 04-08-2015

PCC | Health | Documents uploaded: XX-XX-2015

Visa Grant: XX-XX-2015

Hi All

I received an invite on August 3rd... I've just spent the evening completing the VISA application and uploading all documents..!!! (phewwww)....

Really chuffed....

Can I just check - my immi account says "application received"... is that the same for you guys ??

time to sit back and relax...!!! or, log on to my immi account every 5 minutes and wonder why there's no update ;-)

Hi All

I received an invite on August 3rd... I've just spent the evening completing the VISA application and uploading all documents..!!! (phewwww)....

Really chuffed....

Can I just check - my immi account says "application received"... is that the same for you guys ??

time to sit back and relax...!!! or, log on to my immi account every 5 minutes and wonder why there's no update ;-)

Yes mine says that too. Luckily our agent gave me details to log in to be able to sort Medicals etc out and saw this when I was looking around on there!

Our agents have lodged our visa today. :laugh: We are going to leave the police checks and medicals until later in the process to prolong/preserve the 1 year entry date.

@Mazza227 didn't Go Matilda upload your police checks and medicals?

its all about the wait. I'm just well happy to be in with the "visa lodged gang" never thought it would happen!!!!

Our agents have lodged our visa today. :laugh: We are going to leave the police checks and medicals until later in the process to prolong/preserve the 1 year entry date.

@Mazza227 didn't Go Matilda upload your police checks and medicals?

its all about the wait. I'm just well happy to be in with the "visa lodged gang" never thought it would happen!!!!

We haven't had our police checks/medicals yet , got to book them. They gave me details so we can fill in the questionnaire and book medicals :wink:

@kewlguitarist

would you mind telling how many points you had in your eoi? I am submitting my eoi as an engineering technologist after an assessment from EA. I have 65 points and was wondering how long it would be before I receive an invite.

thanks

With 65 points you'll get an invite next round as long as your occupation isn't on a pro rata.

@kewlguitarist

would you mind telling how many points you had in your eoi? I am submitting my eoi as an engineering technologist after an assessment from EA. I have 65 points and was wondering how long it would be before I receive an invite.

thanks

Sure thing. I applied with 65 points and got invited at first attempt :) Best of look for September. You'll almost certainly get invite.

Hi, if my occupation is on pro rata, what is my chance to get the invitation?

I only have 60 points with accountant. I lodged my EOI in july

Hopeful - Until DIBP publish the stats online, its a bit of a guessing game, however in the last 2 rounds (July & Aug), not one single 60 pointer has received an invite. I say this based on seeing someone with a lodgement date of 24th March who has still not got an invite. Even if once the 65 point backlog is cleared, some allocations go to 60 pointers, it will take months to get to July 60 pointers alas.

I really recommend you look to boost points via English language test.... For example, if you boost points to 70 during August, then you will be guaranteed an invite in the September round....

Hopeful - Until DIBP publish the stats online, its a bit of a guessing game, however in the last 2 rounds (July & Aug), not one single 60 pointer has received an invite. I say this based on seeing someone with a lodgement date of 24th March who has still not got an invite. Even if once the 65 point backlog is cleared, some allocations go to 60 pointers, it will take months to get to July 60 pointers alas.

I really recommend you look to boost points via English language test.... For example, if you boost points to 70 during August, then you will be guaranteed an invite in the September round....

Thanks a lot Pommie... it's really helpful =)

Hi,

I am a new joiner, just lodged visa on 4th August as well.

Anyone has idea what document should be uploaded for my baby, on: "Custody, Evidence of"?

I have uploaded passport and birth cert for my baby.

Also, for form 80, which option i should use to upload it? I am applying offshore, but i saw a lot of people have been uploading this doc.

Hi,

I am a new joiner, just lodged visa on 4th August as well.

Anyone has idea what document should be uploaded for my baby, on: "Custody, Evidence of"?

I have uploaded passport and birth cert for my baby.

Also, for form 80, which option i should use to upload it? I am applying offshore, but i saw a lot of people have been uploading this doc.

Full birth certificate showing both parents names is adequate for regular applications where both parents are migrating.

However, if the natural father (or mother) is not migrating with you, then you will need to prove to the department that you have custody with the rights to remove the child from your country or obtain written permission from the other parent by completing form 1229.

Form 80 is a form to address certain character requirements and is not required in all cases. There doesn't appear to be any real pattern to who gets asked for Form 80 and who doesn't. Therefore, I'd recommend that you get one completed and ready to go if you do get asked. My thoughts are that if you complete form 80 and upload it, it will make the application decision ready and save any further delay in requesting it from you and then having to wait to get the application looked at again by a member of the processing team.

There is an option in the supporting documents box near the top of the eLodgement page and if you click 'attach document' then a full list of document types will be available and you'll find form 80 on the list.

Full birth certificate showing both parents names is adequate for regular applications where both parents are migrating.

However, if the natural father (or mother) is not migrating with you, then you will need to prove to the department that you have custody with the rights to remove the child from your country or obtain written permission from the other parent by completing form 1229.

Form 80 is a form to address certain character requirements and is not required in all cases. There doesn't appear to be any real pattern to who gets asked for Form 80 and who doesn't. Therefore, I'd recommend that you get one completed and ready to go if you do get asked. My thoughts are that if you complete form 80 and upload it, it will make the application decision ready and save any further delay in requesting it from you and then having to wait to get the application looked at again by a member of the processing team.

There is an option in the supporting documents box near the top of the eLodgement page and if you click 'attach document' then a full list of document types will be available and you'll find form 80 on the list.

many thanks CaptainC

i will get that sorted asap

We have submitted our 189 visa application today and updated the online tracker. We wanted to thank all on this forum, especially @adele244, for being so helpful. Hopefully we will be able to be just as informative and helpful to future wannabe applicants.

All the best guys and gals.

I see some great momentum around here. I lodged my application on 4th August. I am applying from India. Anyone else applying from India here?

I have uploaded all documents except PCC and medical. Need to sort them out ASAP!

A brief on my migration process so far :

IELTS (L8,R9,W8,S8) : 14.03.2015; CDR submitted : 17.05.2015; Positive assessment : 28.07.2015; EOI submitted(75 points) : 29.07.2015; Invite : 03.08.2015; Visa Lodged : 04.08.2015; Docs uploaded : 06.08.2015; PCC/Medicals : ??; Grant : ??