Advice on UK Flights

gee13

So my cousin whom I hadnt seen since 91 in London..is getting married soon.. Now Im looking for flight options from Perth. Im not keen on paying top dollar for Emirates neither budget as I will be travelling with my little one (her first trip) Any advice on options as Im currently looking at the Singapore Airlines via Sing, or Etihad via Dubai. I think theres a Virgin route too?

Is there an option to fly via KL , Malaysia en route back to Perth as that would be ideal to do a couple of nights shopping and eating.

Any tips or experiences to share appreciated. Ive done as quick look and 3K roughly return for both of us is within budget. Cheers

Edited by gee13

First - don't assume Emirates will be too expensive. I have often found them the cheapest of the main carriers.

Look on things like sky scanner to get an idea of prices.

Flying mid week can be cheaper than weekends as business travellers often fly weekends.

Book as early as possible to get the best fares

If you don't want to go on a super budget airline, I think the $3k is a good price and you may not improve on that much. My tip is when you see flights that look acceptable to you, book them and stop looking. It only gets more expensive neRer the time.

+1 for mid-week... I usually search for flights on Tuesday or Wednesday. Apart from being cheaper they will likely be emptier, and therefore more comfortable and less noisy/smelly!

Skyscanner gives you an overview of dates for the whole month so you can see when the cheaper days are.

We've just came back from the Uk. We flew via KL with Malaysia Airlines which were great. Had a 380 airbus on the long leg from KL to Heathrow which is why we chose it. Managed to get in the upstairs economy section which made boarding and getting off easier.

Ended up booking with Singapore Airlines. Pretty good price return .. slightly more than Etihad but less than Emirates, Qatar, or MAS...but mainly because they offered a stopover in Singapore where we have managed to organise 2 nights on way back ! Much prefer that than a Doha or Abu dabhi layover.. plus the departure times were very good....no ungodly hour flights..thanks for all your feedback peeps...

Edited by gee13