Eastern Beaches or Northern Beaches Sydney.

Dawnlouise

Ah so not that far then to Coogee and Bronte- but I have a 7yr-old, what is the road like- is it cyclist-friendly?

I would say not - Sydney in general is not at all cyclist friendly! There are a few cycle tracks around but not down to the beaches (and Randwick is quite high up so all the beaches are a steep descent, meaning a hard slog to get back up!). Centennial Park is nearby, great for cycling.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading all this is making me want to swop the Inner West for the Norther Beaches. Bloody hell! Think I would choose Avalon. What's the night life like in Avalon?

I lived in Palm Beach which is next door to Avalon for a few months earlier this year. Now heading to Central Coast and boy will I miss it.

Anyway the nightlife in Avalon is good for mature people. There is a really nice wine bar called The Mill and some great cafes and restaurants. Also an RSL.

But for anyone under say 25 who like nightclubs open very late and rowdy pubs; then Avalon would be a bit boring.

Modus Operandi in Mona Vale and The Newport Arms and The Narrabeen Sands are all pretty good "local" type pubs. Good beer, wine, food and bands.

Part of The Newport Arms is still open for business. But the beer garden is closed. Given that is the best part - that is a pity!