Good Removal firms??

Shazzi

Hi

Can anyone recommend any good international removals firms..or likewise tell me the ones to stay away from!!

I have spoken to a couple on this site who said they had a disaster with their removals firms ie. things arrived broken/bashed or stuff did not arrive at all...compensation claims have been delayed or paltry amounts have been offered for items which cost a lot of money initially.

We are currently based in Fife, Scotland so we are looking at both local firms and national ones and are coming to Brisbane end of Aug/1st week in Sept...I think we will need a container to ourselves for all the things we are going to bring out but any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi,we used Crown and they were excelllent, we have just finished unpacking all the boxes as now in our own place rather than the rental and only found one broken plate.They have a office in Livingstone 01506468150 .The consultant we used was Lynda McGuinness. Hope this helps.

Guest Gary1972

Hi we used pickfords they were very good they are a world wide firm unlike alot of the other firms

Guest mandy1

Hi

Just to say we also used Crown Relocations & they were excellent & very friendly and helpful

Mandy x

Guest ricky@julie

Hi,

We used Allied Pickfords and were really disappointed as they packed things that I had asked them not too (Wii games for the kids put them to one side to bring with us) and they also damaged and broke more then 10 items of furniture!

Luckily we had the Marine insurance cover it took about a month to sort out the claim because you need to get quotes and prove the cost of items that they think you are trying to pull a fast one on but once you have provided the info that they need the money comes through pretty fast.

I was really p****d off because I had a really old ornament that I was given when my great grandparents passed away and this is one of the things that they had broken - I hadn't had it valued before we left so all that the insurers would offer me was £30.00. Its not the money that worries me its the sentimental value and because its not repairable I have had to through it away.

Good luck with who ever you choose.

Julie

Its my first post on the forum, so hello to all!! Arriving Brisbane 27th July! Cant wait!

The contents of our house as we speak is sitting in Southampton port awaiting a slot for shipping. I am happy to recommend Crown Relocations but have a word of warning - keep a close eye on the packing!!! We have excellent customer service from the Bristol office, from first inspection but the two lads who were packing our stuff couldnt tell Ming from minging. We were concerned with the way the boxes seem to be stuffed full and bulging. On opening up a few we found them squashed together, no protection and many were clinking together.

We quickly got in touch with Crown who sent their Operations Manager, Adam down first thing Tuesday morning. He was as appalled as us and repacked most of the boxes again himself. Thank goodness for Adam is all I can say. Crown were brilliant at resolving the problem. Nothing was too much trouble and faith has been restored. Lets hope its fine at the other end too, Brisbane by the way!! Adam and Gerrard - Brilliant guys.

Crown seems to be sounding good so far! I think getting your possesions all intact and the way you left them is going to be a big part of us settling in, the last thing I want is to have the hassle of sorting out broken or lost items, as I'm sure you have enough on your plate when you get over there with everything else you have to sort out. Plus it is alot of expense to ship things over and for them to arrive broken, might as well sell them here before I go if that is the case.

I am getting a quote from Crown...I have done an online quote and it looks like it will cost about £5k for the whole of our 4 bed house, I am also getting a quote from Doree Bonner..has anyone used them?

Guest tahe49

I would also be interested in removal companies. I have had Anglo Pacific quote but not sure who else to ask.

We were not taking everything so not sure we would fit a 20ft container.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest aspinall

Hope you dont mind us jumping on this too...but we were looking for a recommended company too!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I used Atlantis Removals based in Birmingham and I lived in Norfolk! They were excellent and a lot cheaper than the Eastern Companies..........They are BAR bonded also which helps.............you do need to make sure of that for extra protection............not neccessary but helps! Guideline.........630 cubic feet £2300 plus insurance OR £3200 20ft Sole Container.........................hope this helps some?

Also looked at going "freight" and packing ourselves.........£1495..........3 hours to pack onto a container then charged waiting time every hour thereafter..........then approx £750 in OZ to appoint Agent to clear consignment inclusive of all fees? Broad as it's long really but doesn't include delivery in Oz!

Hi

Can anyone recommend any good international removals firms..or likewise tell me the ones to stay away from!!

I have spoken to a couple on this site who said they had a disaster with their removals firms ie. things arrived broken/bashed or stuff did not arrive at all...compensation claims have been delayed or paltry amounts have been offered for items which cost a lot of money initially.

We are currently based in Fife, Scotland so we are looking at both local firms and national ones and are coming to Brisbane end of Aug/1st week in Sept...I think we will need a container to ourselves for all the things we are going to bring out but any advice would be really appreciated.

We used PSS they were very good in ukevryhting well packed I did acquire a piano in my container on its arrival to my house in brisbane:chatterbox::twitcy:

Guest tahe49
We used PSS they were very good in ukevryhting well packed I did acquire a piano in my container on its arrival to my house in brisbane:chatterbox::twitcy:

A piano????

how bizzarre :twitcy:

Archived