ADF transfers

Guest Al&Jo

Interview Aug 07, visa Feb 08, arrived Sydney Jun 08 and so far so good - agree with you on the 'different way of doing things' - just learning and adapting to the new ways.

Working at Holsworthy but living nearer the city, so at least driving against the traffic to work, OH has a job in the CBD.

Got the citizenship test soon - how have folks found it?

weegwa

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pjscouse

Hiya

Thanks for the reply. We are finding things ok now, found it hard to begin with settling down and being so far away from home, there just seemed to be so many things to sort out when we arrived which nobody tells you about. OH has taken citizen test and is in process of filling in paperwork, he is also based at Holdsworthy (17) and we live at Wattle Grove.

Our kids (12 and 9) have settled into school really well which is a huge relief. I am at the moment doing voluntary work in the local primary school a couple of hours a day.

Guest oddsinoz

Just wanted to say Hi to all the Guys and Gals at Holsworthy - Seems to be quite a growing pommy contingent there at the moment! Perhaps we should organise a get together - show them how it's done!

Really though, hope everyone is getting on Ok. My hubby also works there, as you may have guessed! pjscouse and weegwa good to have you over here, hope you are enjoying life - Give us a shout if you'd like to meet up, need any advise or even just a chat...

• 2 months later...
Guest hookers

Well that's us out of the running for Oz. Had an email and the formal letter earlier this week to say that husbands trade hasn't been included on the new labour agreement. So back to the drawing board for us. Good luck to those of you still in the pipeline!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Just taking the opportunity to introduce myself, and to make sure this thread keeps ticking over. Google brought me straight here and theres loads of very valuable info here for anyone interested in transferring.

In the early stages of transferring from 25+ years in RM across to Oz Army (signals i expect), looking to move over probably this time next year. Have been told my age might be an issue when i get to the visa (gonna be pushing close to 45 by end of next year which effects the Labour Agreement apparantly?).

If/when we go, it will be myself, wife and daughter (17 going on 18 and a whole potential world of trouble and pain),and the dog of course. Not looking at the move as some kind of Nirvana or a life in the sun, purely economic, an opportunity to carry on doing what i am doing and a bit of an adventure. If it works, great...if not i guess i'll have to face becoming a civvie!

Initial email of interest about 2 months ago, application pack completed and returned 1 month ago and now been sent the med pack which should be complete and returned straight after Xmas. Not sure if interview is next or if i have somehow skipped past that, have to wait and see i expect.

As i said, just saying Hi and would appreciate any pointers as i go along the route from those that have 'been there, seen it, done it' and those who are at a similiar stage.

Just wanted to welcome you to the thread. There are a few who are going through the process, and a few more who have been here for a little while! Any questions, just ask away and I am sure someone will be able to help you.

Good luck with everything!

Alan

Not got that far yet but as i understand it, whoever your security officer is (assume you are still in?) should have record of your PV/DV number, then its a question of getting hold of the bods who hold the certificate (somewhere in York or Harrogate i think), phone them/fax them and they send copy back.

Sorry i can't be more specific but i remember i had to chase up some clearance for some of my lads a few years back. Hopefully someone will correct me if i am wrong.

Also i'd appreciate if you can let me know what else they ask for so i can pre-empt it.

• 5 months later...
Guest cam7445
Alan

Not got that far yet but as i understand it, whoever your security officer is (assume you are still in?) should have record of your PV/DV number, then its a question of getting hold of the bods who hold the certificate (somewhere in York or Harrogate i think), phone them/fax them and they send copy back.

Sorry i can't be more specific but i remember i had to chase up some clearance for some of my lads a few years back. Hopefully someone will correct me if i am wrong.

Also i'd appreciate if you can let me know what else they ask for so i can pre-empt it.

They will make you go through the whole vetting process again when you get here, enjoy answering the question 'who are your relatives living abroad' !!!

Guest The Spoonies

Hi,

Is your OH in the ADF? Assuming so if you're in Caringbah....

My OH is at Holsworthy but we've bought our own house near Wentworthville which is a fair trek from you. PM me if you're feeling isolated or need any info, am more than happy to help. We've been here 2 years in July.

Take care and hope you settle in quickly!

Archived