Slowly getting there

Guest51810

I was being quoted prices like 900 with extra on top to change the date. Singapore airlines are unbelievably expensive for a return. I don't want to spend £1000 or more on a flight if Im not 100% certain I will be coming back on it, I don't have that sort of money to just waste. However I'm worried that 7if 00 wouldn't be enough. obviously don't want stranded.

Sta travel told me about too flights.. one is £630 return from 4th of November till start of June. The other is £740 till the end of may with one free date change but with the tax/fare difference on top if theres any. I cant get longer than 9 months with them

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wish they would hurry up! They approved it within 2 hours at a weekend last time! I'm hoping theres no problems with it, I cant afford a new one again.

I've even found the flight I'm booking but theres only 4 seats so I want to book tomorrow. hurry immi! :cry:

Did you get the visa?

I was being quoted prices like 900 with extra on top to change the date. Singapore airlines are unbelievably expensive for a return. I don't want to spend £1000 or more on a flight if Im not 100% certain I will be coming back on it, I don't have that sort of money to just waste. However I'm worried that 7if 00 wouldn't be enough. obviously don't want stranded.

Sta travel told me about too flights.. one is £630 return from 4th of November till start of June. The other is £740 till the end of may with one free date change but with the tax/fare difference on top if theres any. I cant get longer than 9 months with them

that one with the free change date at £740 sounds really reasonable! I normally pay around £700-800 return but with no option of changing date. I understand about not wasting money though I know it's always more expensive buying a single back to oz then it is single to oz if that makes sense. How much is the single coming out to oz? If you feel more comfortable with two singles go with that (will probably cost more that way but might be wrong if you get a good deal. I wasted about £500 buying two singles for New Zealand instead of open return). If your working you may be happy with two singles and not worry which would be good. Personally if I did it again I would buy an open return with cheap date change.

But do what your most happy doing :-) not long now. Any news on the visa?

The 6th of November. My package starts the 8th for a week and then I'll be looking for a job after that. Got another week in wake up after that

Congratulations! When did you sumit your visa application?

mine was the 24th June, nearly 5 weeks in now.......waiting to be assigned CO so we can do medicals and police checks. Hoping to be out there the 1st week of November!!

X

It's a backpscking company. They get a group of bsckpackers and we spend the week together doing different activities. We spend the first 2 days in sydney and then go to port Stephens for a few days and go sandbooarding, dolphin cruise, 4WD and some other stuff I think. We've got a sydney harbour cruise, pub crawls and we do the bondi to coogee walk on our last day

It's a backpscking company. They get a group of bsckpackers and we spend the week together doing different activities. We spend the first 2 days in sydney and then go to port Stephens for a few days and go sandbooarding, dolphin cruise, 4WD and some other stuff I think. We've got a sydney harbour cruise, pub crawls and we do the bondi to coogee walk on our last day

Ive been thinking about doing one of these, you'll have to let us know if they're worth it!

• 1 month later...

Visa - done

flights - done

2 weeks accommodation and intro package - done

suitcase - done (thank god!)

pick seats - done

I still need to pick insurance now and buy a few more clothes and I think that's pretty much me done. Unless anybody else can think of other things that I might really need