Slowly getting there

Guest51810

Thank you! Didn't think of Debenhams. My problem was I kept looking at ones like Kathmandu, Sierra etc. I don't know wether most people just go with a normal suitcase or they buy the travel names. I don't have the best of luck with suitcases so im definitely wanting something that won't break if I don't buy a backpack

http://www.antler.co.uk/

just an idea. I know it's not the cheapest. There's plenty around! I would get a hard one though (and of course buy a padlock), it probably won't happen but there has been stories of people's soft suitcases getting ripped open with knives.

Oh and I'm so excited for you!! It's been a long time coming. Can't wait to hear of your adventures.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.antler.co.uk/

just an idea. I know it's not the cheapest. There's plenty around! I would get a hard one though (and of course buy a padlock), it probably won't happen but there has been stories of people's soft suitcases getting ripped open with knives.

Oh and I'm so excited for you!! It's been a long time coming. Can't wait to hear of your adventures.

A padlock is a waste of time Britchix,havent you seen the YT vid where security show how to open a suitcase with a pen?lol

Horse racing? Nope! Might come for the F1 race though

You're missing the point, the Melbourne Cup isn't about horse racing - to be fair I never really got what the fuss was about but it is as important in the Australian social calendar as Hogmanay is in Scotland!

Oooh I like some of those suitcases @BritChickx. I want that turquoise one lol!

@HappyHeart No way am i missing out on the quokkas lol. Earlier when I was in the house my mum was watching a program and the quokkas came on at sydney zoo. I made such a funny noise, the dog went mad at me :laugh: Id love to come over for the lion king but it just depends. I'll see what happens

@Lady Rainicorn - I still don't know if I'll bother with it lol. I've never bothered much about Hogmanay here either!

oh does it make noise? It doesn't on my phone. Haha apologies... What do you think of it?

I had to close it immediately!!!!!! It looked clean and new though - I wouldn't like a dorm myself but I guess that's what backpacking is all about, I'm just too old!!

Oooh I like some of those suitcases @BritChickx. I want that turquoise one lol!

@HappyHeart No way am i missing out on the quokkas lol. Earlier when I was in the house my mum was watching a program and the quokkas came on at sydney zoo. I made such a funny noise, the dog went mad at me :laugh: Id love to come over for the lion king but it just depends. I'll see what happens

@Lady Rainicorn - I still don't know if I'll bother with it lol. I've never bothered much about Hogmanay here either!

I wasn't suggesting you go but depending where you're working there will probably be some kind of event on and if you're not working join in something, just for the bemusement about how people can get so worked up about it if nothing else!

Id love to go to whistler! Are you doing a whv over there? Haha a plan.. I can't even pick my luggage never mind a plan :laugh: the very rough plan is to try find work in sydney after my first week and then stay there for a few months. Then either head to melbourne or perth. Other than that I have no clue! Definitely queensland in winter though. What about you?

Yea been here for two years now its amazing. You should go Whistler is amazing. No plan either. All i know is i want to be in Sydney for Hogmanay and thats it. You should see my attempt at packing :laugh:

im definitely wanting to backpack canada one day. I looked into doing a whv at one point, maybe after aus! I don't even ski but whistler looks so pretty. Same with queenstown in nz, I just seem to like the look of those places. Im going to try spend Hogmanay in sydney too, I'll be gutted if I cant. Maybe see you there! Im considering doing one of these outback pub jobs to save money because I don't think I'll do my farm work. If im going to stay away from the UK for 2 years then I want to do a year in new zealand. Unless I really really love australia

You should Canada is such a beautiful country. Yea i dont want to do farm work either as bad as it sounds im to scared that i will see spiders more if i do farm work lol. I really want to do NZ after. My parents are wondering when they are going to have me back as i've been away for so long already.

I feel like there's another main thing im forgetting about - remembered flight (obv), visa again :sad:, insurance, luggage, some clothes and spending money. I'll be sorting Medicare etc once I get there but still feel like there's something else!

Phone

Drivers licence..........

I'll have to skip driving lessons. Even without them Id probably still be better than some aussie drivers...

But the difference between you and my eighty five year old granny is that she can legally drive herself places.

Thanks guys. I'll probably still not be organised a month before I go :laugh:

AJ im arriving in Sydney either on the 5th or 6th of November :)

Stacey - I'll be in Melbourne at that time for the racing but very shortly after I'm planning on hiring a wagon/camper van to travel the Great Ocean Road to Adeleide - if you're free and would like to do the same shout! We could swap number etc :)

im so glad you've finally starting getting things together! So excited for you ?