UK Holiday Pic Heavy

Johndoe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of these pics were taken by Jake with a camera that was one fifth the cost of mine so it shows what can be done. Many of the pics were shot hand-held in very dimly lit rooms, at speeds as low as 1/4 sec so won't be as sharp as would be if flash had been used. Nevertheless, a poor pic is better than none at all.

If you're interested in the details of the shots as shown in the exif data, clicking on the picture will take you to the original image and the details such as camera/lens used, shutter speed etc can be seen bottom right below the picture.

Images taken with the canon 100D are Jakes.

First up is Stourhead House and Gardens

19491633640_52b9b22cbb_b.jpgStourhead House (40) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

19490499259_5496af4f52_b.jpgStourhead House by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

19677209555_b21afab3c5_b.jpgStourhead House (39) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

19651048666_182daa38fe_b.jpgStourhead House (38) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

19056352153_66bf0e0af5_b.jpgStourhead House (37) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

19054771554_d72ac73394_b.jpgStourhead House (36) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

19489415678_2b7a5c26bb_b.jpgStourhead House (35) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

If you are into historical property interiors ,there is nowhere like Versailles or even the louvre .....no one does style and opulence like the French ....

The artwork in the ceilings at Versailles is simply stunning

If you are into historical property interiors ,there is nowhere like Versailles or even the louvre .....no one does style and opulence like the French ....

The artwork in the ceilings at Versailles is simply stunning

It would have to be to beat Longleat with it's 22ct gold ceiling

It would have to be to beat Longleat with it's 22ct gold ceiling

Please ....take 20 minutes out and have a look at Versailles ....the gardens alone have an army of staff .....the interior is truly stunning .

The louvre had That many pieces of artwork , I was told if you spent 10 minutes looking at each piece ,it would take you 18 years to see it all .

The museums in London ...are not even in the same stratosphere ....not even close .....

Seriously you need to see the interior of Versailles .....

Please ....take 20 minutes out and have a look at Versailles ....the gardens alone have an army of staff .....the interior is truly stunning .

The louvre had That many pieces of artwork , I was told if you spent 10 minutes looking at each piece ,it would take you 18 years to see it all .

The museums in London ...are not even in the same stratosphere ....not even close .....

Seriously you need to see the interior of Versailles .....

Just google " Versailles interior " ....

BLUE SKIES! The part of England I love... Seriously some great pics in there. Looking like paintings. Did you shoot them all with the 100D or with your Full Frame 5D? Good stuff mate.

Thanks. Yes, that was the best day weatherwise and the day we all gort sunburned walking from there to west kennet long barrow burial chamber and back through the stone circle and other sights.

I think most of the Avebury exteriors were shot by Jake with his 100D. If you click on the image it takes you to the full res image at flickr and the details of the shot are in the exif to the right below the image. I'm surprised at the quality of his pics and the kit lenses are superb for the price. Most of the interiors are mine because the 5D is much better at low light/low noise

Edited by Johndoe