FlashP5sub175

Citizenship Timeline for years 2015-2016

Recommended Posts

mansawant    11
800- 1000, that is too much in one ceremony...!!

It was special ceremony to clear the backlog in Sydney thats why DIBP chose Sydney Olympic Park hall with big capacity. Due to large number of people organisers had to request 3 people to move their cars as they were parked at wrong places. I applied in August 2016, received approval in October 2016 and had ceremony on 7th June 2017.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moneycorp

Moneycorp

tech123    21
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:02, Komalami said:

Mine took 1 month and 2 days

 

I don't know if it's wise to contact the local council for the citizenship ceremony after finishing the test. I was just thinking it can help with the processing of the application as they "may" follow up with the department on the applicants that they can take in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elliot Tsao    42

Hi all,

Update: I have refreshed Citizenship appointment date to 12 Sep, 2 days earlier than original schedule.:P

              I will keep refreshing... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elliot Tsao    42
2 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Hi all,

Update: I have refreshed Citizenship appointment date to 12 Sep, 2 days earlier than original schedule.:P

              I will keep refreshing... 

Final Update:

 The second refresh completed: 30 June....10 days remaining....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tech123    21
On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:54, Sheila said:

Hi, @tech123 and @ NSJ do you got test email.

Hi Sheila, yes I have already taken my citizenship test last week. It took me 2 months to receive the invite and had my test taken last week with 100% passing.

Apologies if I have not given the update. Now it's waiting time for me. I have called the citizenship hotline no. this morning, but I didn't get a good reply from them. They're just going with what is written in the website in regards to the timeline of processing. I am thinking of contacting our local council. They have replied to me before when I asked for the dates of the citizenship ceremonies which is every two months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
8 minutes ago, tech123 said:

Hi Sheila, yes I have already taken my citizenship test last week. It took me 2 months to receive the invite and had my test taken last week with 100% passing.

Apologies if I have not given the update. Now it's waiting time for me. I have called the citizenship hotline no. this morning, but I didn't get a good reply from them. They're just going with what is written in the website in regards to the timeline of processing. I am thinking of contacting our local council. They have replied to me before when I asked for the dates of the citizenship ceremonies which is every two months.

It has been around 2 month so far and I am still waiting for a test appointment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tech123    21
2 minutes ago, NSJ said:

It has been around 2 month so far and I am still waiting for a test appointment. 

I know the feeling, it's very frustrating :-( I don't know why everything has been very slow. Months ago it wasn't like this....really really disappointing.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
4 minutes ago, tech123 said:

I know the feeling, it's very frustrating :-( I don't know why everything has been very slow. Months ago it wasn't like this....really really disappointing.  

Nothing we can do but waiting. Do they only send out emails during the business hours ?

Edited by NSJ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tech123    21
1 minute ago, NSJ said:

Nothing we can do but waiting. Do they only send out emails during the business hours ?

No...I think I got my invite on a Saturday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elliot Tsao    42
4 minutes ago, NSJ said:

Nothing we can do but waiting. Do they only send out emails during the business hours ?

Hey NSJ, just let you know, I received my test appointment email last Thursday, out of business hours, 10:10pm AEST

I think they just confirm which applicants can receive email then put us into an emailing waiting list, then system automatically send us by numeric sequence?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
2 minutes ago, tech123 said:

No...I think I got my invite on a Saturday.

Interesting. They may have an automatic reply system to organise the tests 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
1 minute ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Hey NSJ, just let you know, I received my test appointment email last Thursday, out of business hours, 10:10pm AEST

I think they just confirm which applicants can receive email then put us into an emailing waiting list, then system automatically send us by numeric sequence?

It sounds very logical. How long had you been waiting?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elliot Tsao    42
Just now, NSJ said:

It sounds very logical. How long had you been waiting?  

I applied 16 Apr night and paid and received an ack letter.

Firstly received test date email last Thur, 1010pm, scheduled in 14 Sept. Then, refresh timetable everyday. This afternoon, moved to 12 Sep and about 40 minutes ago, refreshed again then changed to 30 June.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tech123    21
3 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

I applied 16 Apr night and paid and received an ack letter.

Firstly received test date email last Thur, 1010pm, scheduled in 14 Sept. Then, refresh timetable everyday. This afternoon, moved to 12 Sep and about 40 minutes ago, refreshed again then changed to 30 June.

Hi Elliot, just want to know....what timetable are you referring to? What are you refreshing and some changes happen. Just curious to know. Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
Just now, Elliot Tsao said:

I applied 16 Apr night and paid and received an ack letter.

Firstly received test date email last Thur, 1010pm, scheduled in 14 Sept. Then, refresh timetable everyday. This afternoon, moved to 12 Sep and about 40 minutes ago, refreshed again then changed to 30 June.

Good on you. Good luck. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elliot Tsao    42
1 minute ago, tech123 said:

Hi Elliot, just want to know....what timetable are you referring to? What are you refreshing and some changes happen. Just curious to know. Thanks.

Hi tech123, which city r u from? I'm from Mel and I received an email with my Client ID and an URL to access to citizenship appointment schedule (timetable), then I can refresh and change my test date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tech123    21
Just now, Elliot Tsao said:

Hi tech123, which city r u from? I'm from Mel and I received an email with my Client ID and an URL to access to citizenship appointment schedule (timetable), then I can refresh and change my test date.

I'm from regional Victoria. Ah I thought you are referring to the excel sheet for the processing times of this forum. I didn't know that you changed your appointment. I didn't change my appointment as I want to have more time to do the practice test.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
21 hours ago, Sheila said:

Hi NSJ- I have not received the email yet ... I applied 18 April ...!!

We are probably the only people still waiting for a test appointment before the cut-off date. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elliot Tsao    42
5 minutes ago, tech123 said:

I'm from regional Victoria. Ah I thought you are referring to the excel sheet for the processing times of this forum. I didn't know that you changed your appointment. I didn't change my appointment as I want to have more time to do the practice test.

Ok, thanks for reminding me to update the excel sheet 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheila    44

HI NSJ & Teck 123,

I applied around 22:50 PM AEST  on 18th April. Just 2 days before cut off date for the change of rules. I have not received any response from DIBP yet. It looks that you guys are right, after processing they have an automatic system which is sending emails out of business hours. I am from Hume council in Victoria. It is really a good news that people from Melbourne can refresh and potentially get early dates if they are lucky.

Perth & Sydney is far ahead most of them have already appeared in test who applied in April. I became eligible on 14 April but my bad I applied little late. Still lucky enough that I applied before the change of rules.

Good luck with the upcoming test on 30th June.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
13 minutes ago, Sheila said:

HI NSJ & Teck 123,

I applied around 22:50 PM AEST  on 18th April. Just 2 days before cut off date for the change of rules. I have not received any response from DIBP yet. It looks that you guys are right, after processing they have an automatic system which is sending emails out of business hours. I am from Hume council in Victoria. It is really a good news that people from Melbourne can refresh and potentially get early dates if they are lucky.

Perth & Sydney is far ahead most of them have already appeared in test who applied in April. I became eligible on 14 April but my bad I applied little late. Still lucky enough that I applied before the change of rules.

Good luck with the upcoming test on 30th June.

 

hope we get appointment soon, Sheila. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheila    44

It is our turn now. I think we will get before the end of the week Thursday or Friday.

Edited by Sheila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSJ    20
Just now, Sheila said:

It is our turn now. I think we will get before the end of the week Thursday or Friday.

Why Thursday or Friday? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheila    44
5 minutes ago, NSJ said:

hope we get appointment soon, Sheila. 

I mean that is the maximum limit of my waiting.... I will die if not received by the end of the week. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now