Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

FlashP5sub175

Citizenship Timeline for years 2015-2016

Recommended Posts

We are waiting for around 17 months since test and soon 20 months since application and the status is still received.

It's hard to say how much time will it take, there are few getting approval next day after the test and then there are people like us. So far the Brisbane team was the worst in terms of processing applications.

Edited by NaiKoN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NaiKoN said:

We are waiting for around 17 months since test and soon 20 months since application and the status is still received.

 

Really? Where was your interview? I had it in Sydney CBD

Did you ask/complaint?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mariaoz13 said:

Really? Where was your interview? I had it in Sydney CBD

Did you ask/complaint?

There were no security checks and no concerns. Interview was in Brisbane, basically simple, checked documents and that's it.

Complaints? Where? As far as I understand there is no legal procedure to influence processing time. 

Immigration says that the processing times are basically indicative and the only thing we can do is wait. Some people go through mp's and trying to write to minister etc., I will wait a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NaiKoN said:

There were no security checks and no concerns. Interview was in Brisbane, basically simple, checked documents and that's it.

Complaints? Where? As far as I understand there is no legal procedure to influence processing time. 

Immigration says that the processing times are basically indicative and the only thing we can do is wait. Some people go through mp's and trying to write to minister etc., I will wait a bit more.

Patience then!! Fingers crossed you get it soon!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 08:14, Oziee said:

Hello all,
I moved from one place to another place in same state and already have changed my address into immi account. And now my new place comes under different council.
So what I have do to change my council also, should I call council or immigration to change the council ?
Please give me a suggestion. Thanks

Did you get your approval?


Citizenship Application: 18/04/2017 Acknowledgement: 18/04/2017 Online / Paper - Online Test Email. - Citizenship Test TBA -Citizenship approval letter TBA  - Date of ceremony - TBA - Type of ceremony Normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you get your approval?

No approval yet.
Still waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: had the test today, now in my immi account APPLICATION STATUS: APPROVED

This means all good? Now wait for the ceremony invite? 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mariaoz13 said:

Update: had the test today, now in my immi account APPLICATION STATUS: APPROVED

This means all good? Now wait for the ceremony invite? 🙂

 

could you please share your timeline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure,

Applied 28 Nov 2017

Letter for Interview and test received 12 Oct 2018

Interview and test done 6 Nov 2018

Approval online 6 Nov 2018

Waiting for: Approval letter & Ceremony invite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied feb 2018 still waiting.

is anybody receive update who applied Feb 2018 ?

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pitosam11 said:

Applied feb 2018 still waiting.

is anybody receive update who applied Feb 2018 ?

thanks 

still waiting from 3/1/18 for anything .... brisbane , which city are u?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update to my timeline

applied 1 November 2017 sydney

test-  june

apprived july

ceremony December 

13 months in total

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

    Location: Sydney CBD

    Applied: Jan 4th 2018

    Email received for interview/test invite: Nov 7th 2018

    Test/Interview Date: Dec 6th 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ggavy said:

Hi,

    Location: Sydney CBD

    Applied: Jan 4th 2018

    Email received for interview/test invite: Nov 7th 2018

    Test/Interview Date: Dec 6th 2018

(I should add that I had nominated Parramatta as my local immigration office on my initial application)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ggavy said:

     Test/Interview Date: Dec 6th 2018

You can book it to an earlier date. You change the appointment online. There should be a link on your test date letter.
Keep checking as earlier dates become available when people cancel at the last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 15:50, mariaoz13 said:

Update: had the test today, now in my immi account APPLICATION STATUS: APPROVED

This means all good? Now wait for the ceremony invite? 🙂

 

Congratulations! ❤️ 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

You can book it to an earlier date. You change the appointment online. There should be a link on your test date letter.
Keep checking as earlier dates become available when people cancel at the last minute.

Nice! Though I just checked and everything is booked up for the next month or two. Not to worry, Dec 6th is good for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Location: Lake Macquarie/Newcastle, NSW
Applied: 19 Jul 2018
Test: ?
Approval? 

So today, 8 Nov 2018, I was contacted by a citizenship agent for more information as I am applying for exemptions under the 'Special Residence Requirement'. Not sure whether this will stretch things out even longer or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, the journey is over. Ceremony done tonight in Blacktown NSW.

All the best who are still waiting, you will get there.

Took 11 Months in total. 


186 PR to Citizenship

Applied: 30th Oct 2017

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, coolmotu said:

Finally, the journey is over. Ceremony done tonight in Blacktown NSW.

All the best who are still waiting, you will get there.

Took 11 Months in total. 

Congrats @coolmotu! what a big relief to finally be over it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I noticed there are January applicants getting their test invite 🙂 

  • Thanks 1

--

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my invitation for a test interview and citizenship test today. It is 51 weeks since I submitted my citizenship application. Am in Brisbane and the test will be just under two weeks from today. To pass the time over the last year I taught myself to write lefthanded .... timeline and details below if this assists anyone else. Thx.

application: citizenship by conferral | type: online | applicant/s: 1 | city: brisbane | submitted: 19NOV2017 | acknowledged: 19NOV2017 | status: received | further info required: no | test email: 10NOV2018 | test date: 23NOV2018 | test approval: pending | ceremony: pending


application: citizenship by conferral | type: online | applicant/s: 1 | city: brisbane | submitted: 19NOV2017 | acknowledged: 19NOV2017 | status: received | further info required: no | test email: 10NOV2018 | test date: 23NOV2018 | test approval: pending | ceremony email: pending | ceremony date: pending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied on 26 octobar 2017

 Test date   05 octobar 2018

Approval   pending?

Ceremony pending?

Online/ Perth/ status received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/10/2018 at 12:01, Bassam_OZ said:

Hi respected members, 

Sharing my timeline here. 

Applied: 26 Jan 2018

Acknowledgement Received: 26 Jan 2018

Application: Online

Test Date: 26th Oct 2018 (Exact 9 Months wait)

Test passed. Waiting for official approval letter now. 

Best of luck to everyone waiting. 

-Regards

-B

Even my husband's  approval is pending,

applied on 26th oct 2017,

Appeared for test on 16th aug 2018

Approval is pending


Nomination & Visa: 14th Sep 2015

 

Nomination Approved: 15th march 2016

Visa : 22nd MARCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied 4 Feb 2018 received test invite for 25 Jan. They are asking citizenship I do have but not in English do you guys know if the passport will work and they ask for first arrival I have lost my first passport so I don't have one. Will it be a problem? 

Thanks guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×