Short term accommodation in gold coast

Dnursey1980

Has anyone stayed in the turtle beach resort in mermaid beach? Any reviews? We have also been looking at ashmore Palm holiday village, but looks like children have to sleep on bunk beds,my children are 6&4 and unsure of this, the age on internet page says for over 8s!? Struggling to find somewhere for November as quite a lot already booked.

Has anyone stayed in the turtle beach resort in mermaid beach? Any reviews? We have also been looking at ashmore Palm holiday village, but looks like children have to sleep on bunk beds,my children are 6&4 and unsure of this, the age on internet page says for over 8s!? Struggling to find somewhere for November as quite a lot already booked.

Hi Dnursey,

Are you coming for a holiday or permanently? We have just relocated to the Gold Coast and have to say that these resorts are all hit and miss. You can't really go by the pictures as they are "just a guideline" they say. We would never book these without seeing them first and are very thankful we did as some we saw were pretty poor. Turtle Beach is closer to the beach than Ashmore Village but not sure if that's a priority for you having kids. It looksl like some of those units of Turtle Beach are right on the GC Hwy so there will be that noise too if you get one of those units.

We did go out to AshmoreVillage but weren't able to look in the units as they were all full. But it seems to get a lot of good reviews on this website.

We have just moved into a permanent apartment in Mermaid Beach and loving the area.We are only 197m away from the beach and LOVING it!

Personally, we loved the area south of Burleigh -Ppalm Beach and Currumbin - it would be great for families down there too.

Let me know I can help with anything.

Rosie

We made a trip in January to have a look and see where we want to live and we stayed at the windsurfers resort in biggera waters, a stones throw from the river. Wasn't too badly priced although we got it on late rooms as we changed our plans and cut our time in Sunshine Coast down as it wasn't for us. We paid $1160 for 8 nights. It was very nice though, proper kitchen living area with foxtel and free wifi, we had a single room as its only me and my partner. The have a small pool and secure underground parking. Rates would probably be better this time of the year also. It also seemed as if they had some people who were staying long term so if you were looking for a stop gap for a month or so you may get a better rate. I highly recommend those apartments though.

Edited by Skyba

We stayed a few years ago at the Chidori Court Apartments - great location, good facilities, ideal for the kids as we could sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and keep an eye on them in the pool. Quite a posh end of town too, so nice cafes and restaurants and not rowdy. It was a while ago now though - have a look on tripadvisor for recent reviews http://www.chidoricourt.com.au/

Wally wombat- we are moving permanently so we are looking to book from the UK, going to book for 28 nights, so gives us time to have a look around, hubby get a job,schools and secure a long term rental. Etc. my husband is a carpenter so just depends where he can secure work. Lots to thinking about & so much to do!

We booked a Corporate Cabin for 28 days at Ashmore Palms after reading all the good reviews on here and other places. We like that we can arrive and relax and that there will be plenty of things for the kids to do. The cabins look basic, but have everything you will need for the first few weeks until you find a permanent home.

Best bit was the price $490 per week :-)