Shipping a dehumidifier

Zeebeth

We are currently sorting through our house in the UK and marking items for shipping, sell and tip.

We have a dehumidifier which is used and originally cost around £200, we are reluctant to leave it in the UK incase we have a damp problem in Oz. However we don't know if it will clear customs or be held up/sprayed etc as it's been used for damp/mildew issues. I've had a bit of a google but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if a dehumidifier will have any issues clearing customs in Oz?

Which state are you moving to? I don't think dehumidifiers are that common here but if you are moving to Queensland or the Northern Territory it might be worth having. Wouldn't need one here in South Australia though. I can't see customs being that bothered by it. Vacuum cleaners and things like lawn mowers are of more interest. And Christmas decorations in case you have things like pine cones in there (our box marked Christmas decorations was one of the few boxes opened for us).