189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adele - I ordered the 48 hour police checks, but even normal ones are within 2 weeks....

When it comes to the stage where we do Police Checks, how do you actually get the results to border.gov.au...? Do they get recorded electronically like the Medicals do so they can be automatically seen by CO, or do you have to physically scan, attach, email, or otherwise send the Police Check results some how?

Most of the people who were invited in July in this thread would have got the invitation on 6th July 2015. I somewhere read that the Grant is only after the expiry of 60 days from this date. I.e. none of us will get a grant before 6th Sept 2015 by any chance, correct?

Edited by Indianinoz

Most of the people who were invited in July in this thread would have got the invitation on 6th July 2015. I somewhere read that the Grant is only after the expiry of 60 days from this date. I.e. none of us will get a grant before 6th Sept 2015 by any chance, correct?

Not correct.

All the DIBP say on they website is they hope to look at 75% of applications within 3 months of submitting .. So i have been under the impression that the simpler and more complete your application is, and the more desired your skill, the quicker your application is seen too.. taking into account aswell just in general how busy they are!!

The wait is killing me!!

All the DIBP say on they website is they hope to look at 75% of applications within 3 months of submitting .. So i have been under the impression that the simpler and more complete your application is, and the more desired your skill, the quicker your application is seen too.. taking into account aswell just in general how busy they are!!

The wait is killing me!!

Although it doesn't state on the website, the processing targets are taken from the date of allocation ie when you get a case officer.

Although it doesn't state on the website, the processing targets are taken from the date of allocation ie when you get a case officer.

Well that's just super! Thankyou for letting me know!! I have done so much research applying for this visa and it amazes how much i still dont know!! Do you know if they have any guidelines for timings to get a CO allocated or is it pretty random?

It's fairly random, two almost identical complete applications can be weeks apart.

I would say to you to just play the waiting game and if you've not heard anything two months after lodgement then consider giving them a call.

Just as a bit of additional info, applications are no longer dealt with by a single case officer. There is now a team of processing officers who just open any part of any application and check it off. They note down any case history on the file and then the next day somebody else turns on their computer and your application will come up, they'll do some checking and so on until all documents are checked and then the final processing officer will click to grant (or refuse) the application.

Processing officers dealing with the same application can be located in Adelaide or Brisbane and it's as if they are all in the same office.

I suppose this system is used to prevent a single person having the final say on an application, rather a team will cross check each other to make the system smoother and less prone to poor decision making.

It's fairly random, two almost identical complete applications can be weeks apart.

I would say to you to just play the waiting game and if you've not heard anything two months after lodgement then consider giving them a call.

Just as a bit of additional info, applications are no longer dealt with by a single case officer. There is now a team of processing officers who just open any part of any application and check it off. They note down any case history on the file and then the next day somebody else turns on their computer and your application will come up, they'll do some checking and so on until all documents are checked and then the final processing officer will click to grant (or refuse) the application.

Processing officers dealing with the same application can be located in Adelaide or Brisbane and it's as if they are all in the same office.

I suppose this system is used to prevent a single person having the final say on an application, rather a team will cross check each other to make the system smoother and less prone to poor decision making.

1) What do you mean by lodgement? Is it the date when you pay the fees or is the date when you upload the final document(in my case my wife's PCC)?

2) What is the telephone no. that we're supposed to call? Should I call the Adelaide office or Brisbane office?

3) What is the registration no. that I'm supposed to give them to locate my application? Is it the EOI id which looks like E000555**** or the visa fee receipt no. which looks like 20000649**** or EGO91ADQ** which appears when my agent logs into my immi account to see status?

4) My status is showing 'Application received'. Now, is there a way to check if there was no problem with my medical?

5) I don't have access to my immi account since my agent is handling the same. Can I call or should my agent call after 2 months?

1) What do you mean by lodgement? Is it the date when you pay the fees or is the date when you upload the final document(in my case my wife's PCC)?

2) What is the telephone no. that we're supposed to call? Should I call the Adelaide office or Brisbane office?

3) What is the registration no. that I'm supposed to give them to locate my application? Is it the EOI id which looks like E000555**** or the visa fee receipt no. which looks like 20000649**** or EGO91ADQ** which appears when my agent logs into my immi account to see status?

4) My status is showing 'Application received'. Now, is there a way to check if there was no problem with my medical?

5) I don't have access to my immi account since my agent is handling the same. Can I call or should my agent call after 2 months?

1. Lodgement = when you pay the charge

2. Your agent will know the telephone number. You may phone either Brisbane or Adelaide office.

3. It's the TRN or Application ID plus full name and DOB.

4. You or your GP will be informed if there is any medical conditions that were highlighted during the examination.

5. You should leave it all to your agent since you paid them to do it.

Hi All,

My relative, who is chemical engineer by profession have experience of as follows

2 years work experience,

then 6 months break

then 3 months experience

then 1 month break

then 9 months work experience

and then break.....[ she is on break].....

Total Experience is in 3 years with breaks....

Can she apply for "Engineering Australia" for Assessment and can get her experience points for 3 years... ???

1. Lodgement = when you pay the charge

2. Your agent will know the telephone number. You may phone either Brisbane or Adelaide office.

3. It's the TRN or Application ID plus full name and DOB.

4. You or your GP will be informed if there is any medical conditions that were highlighted during the examination.

5. You should leave it all to your agent since you paid them to do it.

You seem to be a fountain of knowledge! I don't suppose you know a number I could call as I don't have a migration agent?! I have just gone through the DIBP "contact us" page only to be told I can only phone them if I am in Oz?! I am currently in the UK.

Thank you for your help :smile:

Sorry to catch this thread. Can anyone please clarify me, if the employee with designation of Estimation Engineer / Quantity Surveyor can have his/her skill assessed as "Civil Engineer" under ANZSCO 233211 from Engineers Australia. Although the designation is Estimation Engineer / Quantity Surveyor, the job duties and responsibilities includes both of Civil Engineer and Estimation Works. Your help will be really appreciated.

I have received word from DIBP informing the forum to ask members with visa applications not to call them until their applications are allocated. They also wanted to point out that the influx of calls received from unallocated applications is seriously slowing down visa processing, and also, these calls will be logged on your file. (I don't know what this means, but my theory is that people that are calling will most likely have their applications put to the bottom of the pile.)

Allocation dates are posted here > http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications

Edited by CaptainC

Hello Mod, I really need to get going with 489 of any IT occupation. I have got Masters in Info Tech and B.Sc in Computing but unable to 8.0 across the board and that leaves me with 50 points. My skills assessment is positive under systems analyst.

Anybody with heads-up should wade in, pls! Any region that can nominate me?

Does anyone know what type of checks they do on the documents they upload? Do they call the authors to check the authenticity of them? I'm not asking because I've done anything naughty, but I'm a teacher and some of my work experience referees are still on summer holiday until September so they won't be contactable :(

I have received word from DIBP informing the forum to ask members with visa applications not to call them until their applications are allocated. They also wanted to point out that the influx of calls received from unallocated applications is seriously slowing down visa processing, and also, these calls will be logged on your file. (I don't know what this means, but my theory is that people that are calling will most likely have their applications put to the bottom of the pile.)

Allocation dates are posted here > http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications

How do you know if / when you have been assigned a case officer ??

I think ive asked this before, but can't recall the answer...

cheers

How do you know if / when you have been assigned a case officer ??

I think ive asked this before, but can't recall the answer...

cheers

Allocation (for a case officer) dates are posted here > http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications

When it gets updated monthly, the date will change to say what date they are working up to. If the date shown is earlier than your visa application date then you have been allocated.