189 Visa Lodged July 2015

Hi leah28,

Please, share some experience with VIC state nomination application process. how long did it take. did you apply for 457 visa holder pathway,etc.

I am also in Melbourne on 457 but made redundant three weeks ago...waiting for vetassess and am going to apply for VIC state nomination...not sure what my chances are there..any advice?

thanks.

Best of luck to everyone with visa applications!!!

hi! YeS we have a 457 visa and still ongoing when we applied for Victoria state nomination, actually their response to us is very fast, i just applied online and attached all the documents needed and after 3 days we received a letter from them asking for the electronic copy of my husband 457 visa and his job contract, so we submitted that day and the next morning we received a positive nomination from them, i think one factor that made us successful is that my OH has a current job here in Melbourne, if you can find another employer here in Melbourne and can give you a job offer then i guess that will give you an edge to be nominated by Victoria, and also if your nominated occupation is in need here in Vic you have a big chance too, i hope everything will go smoothly, goodluck :)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruddy nora...exactly. Although I suspect my husband may say something a little different if they reject us and he loses that money!

We are hoping to go to Brisbane as it seems to fit all our needs, so now we wait......and wait......and wait

Hi Hodgies

Do you pay the money as soon as you are invited (following EOI) or before an award ? I assume the former, but I thought I had picked up somewhere you pay in two instalments.... which I assumed the second instalment was once you had the offer of a visa...

It does't really matter, I guess... but like you say, you don't want to pay it and then find you have made a mistake on the EOI and it costs you 4 grand...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I got an invitation on 6th July. I paid the visa fee on 13th July and have uploaded all documents by 21st July. I have also undertaken medicals on 21st July. Only document pending is my wife's PCC(Police Clearance Certificate). We expect to get the PCC in about 7-10 days from now on.

So my questions:

1) Will the delay in getting my wife's PCC delay my visa as well?

2) I haven't uploaded my CV since my agent says it is optional. Is this true? Is it beneficial to upload CV(Australian format) or is it not necessary?

3) Tentatively, when do you think we should get the visa? I understand that it depends upon case to case but what would be a realistic estimate? We intend to fly in the last week of November, so would you recommend me to book the flight tickets for the same?

Edited by CaptainC
Merged thread

Also want to confirm co applicants(wife in my case) can also work? As far as I know there is no restriction. However, in certain countries they issue work visa where only the primary applicant can work and the co applicants can only reside(not work). Just want to confirm if this is not the case with 189 Australia Visa.

I do think there is a thread for July yet so I'm creating one. I got an invitation on 6th July. I paid the visa fee on 13th July and have uploaded all documents by 21st July. I have also undertaken medicals on 21st July. Only document pending is my wife's PCC(Police Clearance Certificate). We expect to get the PCC in about 7-10 days from now on.

So my questions:

1) Will the delay in getting my wife's PCC delay my visa as well?

2) I haven't uploaded my CV since my agent says it is optional. Is this true? Is it beneficial to upload CV(Australian format) or is it not necessary?

3) Tentatively, when do you think we should get the visa? I understand that it depends upon case to case but what would be a realistic estimate? We intend to fly in the last week of November, so would you recommend me to book the flight tickets for the same?

Merged your thread with the existing July 189 visa thread.

Also want to confirm co applicants(wife in my case) can also work? As far as I know there is no restriction. However, in certain countries they issue work visa where only the primary applicant can work and the co applicants can only reside(not work). Just want to confirm if this is not the case with 189 Australia Visa.

Yes, your wife may work. Work rights are the same as the primary applicant

1) You're in a combined application, so delays in providing any documents will delay the process. However 7-10 days from now is unlikely to matter as they won't have started assessing the application by then.

2) Don't know. My view is it can't hurt to upload it, but if your agent suggests otherwise then they should know best.

3) 189s can take anywhere from a few (2-3) to many (6-12) months. You should not book any flights until you have your visa grant, unless you don't mind paying a change or cancellation fee.

Your wife will be issued her own 189 visa along with you. Once she has that, she has the exact same work and living entitlements as you do.

Quick question. Has anyone submitted an EOI on 60 points recently? I took my practical skills assessment today and although I don't get the results back for 2 weeks indications from examiner are that i flew through and that was the last part of the puzzle so will be submitting an EOI in the next few weeks through an agent. Just wondering what the waiting times are like for this point score as I know quite a few people were backed up due to occupation ceilings being met at the end of the 14/15 period.

We got an invite in the first round of 2015 (6th July) we had 60 points as a spark. Application went in 8th July now hi waiting to hear [emoji4]

Never understood the point of uploading CV - it is not an official document and it does not prove anything. Anyway, I did not do it, but I did not claim any points for work experience, either.

Edited by mallard76
wrong quote

Just wanted to ask everyone if its mandatory to upload CV when invited? Or it not required at all? Or is it optional? If yes, whether you would recommend to upload CV or not?

In the standard request for information letter from a case officer it states to upload CV as one of the ways to verify work experience, it doesn't appear to be mandatory but is one of the forms of evidence that they may ask for.

Hi All,

I submitted my EOI under 189 for the Skill of Internal Auditor with 65 points today. Any time frame within which i can expect to get invited? Can i expect to get invited in August 2015?

I'd say that you were 99.9% guaranteed to receive an invite in August with 65 points.

Anyone from July submission got a CO yet??????

I applied the 6th and nothing yet! Honestly the wait is killing me and I know June applicants are still waiting so I don't know when we will hear anything! I'm checking my emails in the middle of the night like a crazy person :-)

I applied the 6th and nothing yet! Honestly the wait is killing me and I know June applicants are still waiting so I don't know when we will hear anything! I'm checking my emails in the middle of the night like a crazy person :-)

I only got my CO on 22/07 and applied on 17/05. Hope that your grants or CO's come through soon.

Me too [emoji16][emoji16]

[WRAP][/WRAP]

I only got my CO on 22/07 and applied on 17/05. Hope that your grants or CO's come through soon.

i do hope you get some good news soon. I've seen you post in this forum and I've been keeping an eye on your status! You must be in the home stretch now?!

Anyone from July submission got a CO yet??????

No CO yet! I applied 3rd July.

Yes, I cant help checking my email and the Immi account at least one each day. No doubt by mid-August I will be checking several times a day :-)