Feeling lost and frustrated (required savings for state sponsorship)

RosieRed

Hi everyone. So my husband, 6 children and I are hoping to move to Victoria. My husband is a Vehicle Painter which is listed on the CSOL so we were hoping to get state sponsorship from Victoria and apply for a 190 visa. We were so excited, hubby has 60 points so should be able to get a visa but then we found out we need £40000 savings ON TOP of all the money needed for visas, moving costs etc. I'm devastated. It will take us damn near a decade to save that kind of money. The only state I could find that apparently (according to a forum chat on google so not entirely reliable) doesn't require savings was NSW but they Vehicle painters aren't on their list for state sponsorship :'-( I had vague hopes that perhaps Vehicle Painting might make the SOL again (long shot I'm sure) and we could just apply for a 189 and that would be that but not so.

Feeling a little hopeless today. Not sure how to move forward. My uncle who lives in Mooroolbark is 82, I so want to get to Australia and meet and get to know him before time runs out. I need a lottery win!

I haven't seen savings mentioned for state sponsorship for a while, but yes definitely always has been required for some states.

But it to be honest, emigrating is a really expensve business and moving with six children I would certainly think you will need substantial savings, whether state requirement or not. We went through £30k with our move and we were two adults with jobs to go to!

• Like 1

Oh I'm not naive on moving costs but I have to have moving costs AND 40grand just sat in the bank that I won't be able to use until we land.

Well I have never heard of anyone needing to prove they have savings plus moving related costs. Also there is no way they could enforce or even check that you still have it sitting in the bank once the visa is granted.

Well I have never heard of anyone needing to prove they have savings plus moving related costs. Also there is no way they could enforce or even check that you still have it sitting in the bank once the visa is granted.

Ahhh! So it could be inclusive of moving fees etc? :cute:

Ok when we had our choice of states for state sponsorship , the two we had SA and WA. SA needed conclusive proof of £30,000 in the bank as liquid assets. WA were happy to take projected equity in UK property. Is it something to do with that?

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

Yeah I've tried to post a link but it requires admin approval first but according to the Live in Victoria website we need to have 80000 AUS dollars in the bank. It states:

"You must have adequate financial resources to support yourself and your dependants (if you have any) when you migrate to Victoria, or while you look for suitable employment. The Onshore Applicants table and Offshore Applicants table show the financial resources you must have access to, to support your nomination application.

We do not require evidence of these financial resources."

The "We do not require evidence of these financial resources." part unnerves me. So technically I could have considerably less than that because no one will check? :-/

Sorry everyone. It seems if I want to include a link in my post or any copied and pasted quotes I need admins approval (being a newb) and its not being approved at the moment. Im not ignoring anyone and I really appreciate your replies x

Dont sweat it. I obtained 190 SS from victoria. Dont think i even had to mention anything about resources... It wasn't in the SS application, nor the visa application. the only reference it only gets mentioned was in the success notification:

Dear ,

Your application for Victorian Government visa nomination under the 190 - Skilled Nominated scheme has been assessed and we are pleased to advise that your application is successful.

We have assessed that your experience and qualifications are currently in demand in Victoria, Australia. You have also assessed yourself as meeting the requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) 190 - Skilled Nominated visa scheme.

Please read the following conditions carefully as Victorian Government nomination is subject to the requirements outlined in this email.

Conditions of Victorian Government nomination

1. You and your dependants intend to live in Victoria for at least two years. You understand that this two year commitment commences from the time that the nominated visa is granted if you are already living in Victoria; or upon arrival in Australia if you are currently living overseas.

2. You have sufficient financial resources to support yourself and your dependents.

It is the same for NT they require $50,000 for myself and partner for 190 visa, in either funds or assets.

I did an EOI the other day on the immi.gov.au for NT and I wasn't asked for proof of funds but when I went onto migration.nt.gov to submit my EOI they require proof of funds Inc bank statements.

Thankfully my family are willing to help me out but do I need to submit an eoi on both sites?

It is a bit confusing! !

Hi RosieRed

We are at the end of the application process for a 190 visa sponsored by Victoria. Up to now we have had to say how much we intend on taking but have never had to prove we have it. Hope this helps (:

Hi everyone. So my husband, 6 children and I are hoping to move to Victoria. My husband is a Vehicle Painter which is listed on the CSOL so we were hoping to get state sponsorship from Victoria and apply for a 190 visa. We were so excited, hubby has 60 points so should be able to get a visa but then we found out we need £40000 savings ON TOP of all the money needed for visas, moving costs etc. I'm devastated. It will take us damn near a decade to save that kind of money. The only state I could find that apparently (according to a forum chat on google so not entirely reliable) doesn't require savings was NSW but they Vehicle painters aren't on their list for state sponsorship :'-( I had vague hopes that perhaps Vehicle Painting might make the SOL again (long shot I'm sure) and we could just apply for a 189 and that would be that but not so.

Feeling a little hopeless today. Not sure how to move forward. My uncle who lives in Mooroolbark is 82, I so want to get to Australia and meet and get to know him before time runs out. I need a lottery win!

Most states only ask what you plan to take but don't always ask for proof.

As others have said migration is very costly to the average family, but 2 adults and 6 children is going to be very very steep. Oz is expensive and may take a while to find work money to house and feed 8 people until you find work will require a substantial amount of savings. If you don't have savings such as those suggested you are going to struggle.

• Like 1

Do you have a house to sell? It does not specify liquid assets. As said do not under estimate set up costs. Even state schools are not totally free. There are usually admin and equipment fees to pay and uniforms are expensive. Secondary being more expensive than primary. With six this will soon add up.

• 1 year later...

Hey Rosie - 

I have completed application for Vehicle painter = 190 visa Southern Australia sponsorship (with de-facto Partner)

Any questions please let me know  -?

324311: VEHICLE PAINTER

Assessing Authority:    TRA  (vetassess)

01.10.2014 - Confirm ANZSCO code- 324311: VEHICLE PAINTER

01.10.2014 - Registered Trade SET account

01.10.2014 - Registered with vetassess

18.12.2014 - Training employment check requested from Vetassses

23.01.2015 - Training employment check Confirmed

15.02.2015 - Technical interview booked / Practical assessment

25.02.2015 - Technical interview booked - London College campus

01.04.2015 - EOI draft completed - 65 points (no IELTS)

08.04.2015 - Skilled migration skills assessment completed - AQF received

01.07.2015 - No update From SOL (vehicle paint only CSOL - NT / and Tasmania)

Long year wait as SA only 85 points and above for CSOL :( 

01.07.2016 - SA updates CSOL 324311: VEHICLE PAINTER (no job offer required)

03.08.2016 - All forms completed for SA 190 Nomination - Completed on SA website.

22.09.2016 - SA contacted me and Passport number wrong (doh) amended

22.09.2016 – Invitation to apply for 190 Visa SA sponsored. (apply now appears)

22.09.2016 – Created ImmiAccount– Clicking apply now.

03.10.2016 – ACRO NPCC – Police certificate application

15.11.2016 - Police certificate received – (No live trace)

24.10.2016 – Application sent to DIBP for visa review – (All docs attached)

02.11.2016 –CO assigned (Jessica – 60026174) further information requested -

Medicals / Subject access form / current employer reference / form 80

03.11.2016 – HAP ID assigned  - Medial ID

21.11.2016 – Subject access report received from NPCC – (Conviction overview)

22.11.2016 – Subject access form / current employer reference / form 80  = uploaded

22.11.2016 – Form 1023 uploaded – Notification of incorrect answer on application

27.11.2016  - Medicals completed @ Spire Little Aston Hospital

01.12.2016 – Medical results Uploaded to ImmiAccount

08.12.2016 – GRANT received – (SO F>>KING HAPPY)

Long wait but worth every penny  - PMA and believe it.

28.02.17 -House on Market

23.06.2017 - Planned arrival (MY Birthday)

MUST ARRIVE IN AUSTRALIA (FIRST ENTRY) 08.10.2017