Drivers license

Guest JodieD

Guest JodieD

Hi

I'm planning on moving to Perth by the end of the year (as long as I'm grnated my visa of course!) Does anyone know how the drivers license thing works?

I have a british license but not an international one and as I live in the UAE at the moment and have no immediate plans to go to the UK i don't know how easy it is to get one!!!

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Guest billy braveheart

you just go to a drivers licence centre near wherever you are and submit your uk licence and they change it to an oz one for you.you must do this within 3 months of arriving or need to sit your test in oz

Guest mandy1

Hi

Yep Billys correct. We went into the licence place and gave in our licences and filled out a form. They did a quick eye test & took a photo (if I'd have known that they'd do that I'd have combed my hair a bit!) We were then given temp licences and our permenant ones were posted to us and received a few days later.

Mandy x

Guest JodieD

Thanks both for the info, I'll try and fix it as soon as i get there.

Mandy - nice pic is that Marapana?

Guest mandy1

Hi Jodie

Yes it is! We went there a few weeks ago & had a wicked time feeding the animals.

Mandy x

Guest JodieD

I was there a few weeks ago as well and had a great time.... I paid extra to hold the Koala and it was totally worth it!!!!!!!!!

Archived