489 visa

Hi guys ,

Any 489 visa been issued yet ? I don't know my timeline as I've gone through a agent .

but my file says decision ready and we have had the delay email . Also we have a co and we have had meds and pc on request of co before the delay email . I know some 190 visas have been granted so I was just wondering if any 489 visa's been issued. Can't stand the waiting .

Regards neil

Hi guys ,

Any 489 visa been issued yet ? I don't know my timeline as I've gone through a agent .

but my file says decision ready and we have had the delay email . Also we have a co and we have had meds and pc on request of co before the delay email . I know some 190 visas have been granted so I was just wondering if any 489 visa's been issued. Can't stand the waiting .

Regards neil

Just because you are going through an agent doesn't mean you don't have the right to know when your application was lodged.

When did the agent file the application?

489 visas are issued regularly, how long have yo been waiting?

I got mine on Friday and we started the whole process without an agent in Aug 2014, so less than a year. Once all documents were in, it took one month to process. So fingers crossed. They say it takes 1-3 months in processing times.

About mid march we done the forms 1221 and 80 and meds mid April on request of my agent , and vetassess September 14 . So it's been some time I know the 489 visa is only 3rd priority but I do see a lot of people getting these visa's . Just sit back and wait I gess .

I lodged mine December 2014 and still waiting. I'm going to give them a ring tonight. I have an agent but they have said today that they won't ring but would only send an email so looks like I'll have to do it, fed up of waiting now. I've seen loads of 189 and 190's coming through over the last week.

does anyone know the direct number to the Adelaide office ??.

Just given up trying, tried about 50 times and just kept getting an automated response :daydreaming:

I'm not surprised! They must be snowed under with everyone trying to call them judging by the posts on here!! Remember that every time they answer a phne call they have to stop processing aperwork! They also have to recrd the phone call and what was said on your file - all slows down the grant process!!

I'm not surprised! They must be snowed under with everyone trying to call them judging by the posts on here!! Remember that every time they answer a phne call they have to stop processing aperwork! They also have to recrd the phone call and what was said on your file - all slows down the grant process!!

I got up at 6.00 and phoned the office again, got through first time and a lovely man said that 'hey, looks like I can finalise this for you now' and hey presto, 15 minutes later we had our visa. He didn't sound agitated by my phone call, I was very grateful and he said no problem, have a lovely day.

I cAnt tell you how happy I am at this moment in time. It's taken me 7 years to get to this point. So maybe don't bother waiting up till the office opens over in Adelaide, just get up at 6.00am

I rang 0061 731 367000 which is the direct number, you will hear the automated message first, once thats finished theyll either say they are busy or it will ring through and someone will answer. I gave them my reference number, name, DOB when asked. Within 20 minutes I had the visa 'FINALISED ' :rolleyes: