Gold Coast families......

Hi,

Not been on here for such a long time but feeling the need to make new pommy friends! We have lived on the Gold Coast for 7 years and have 3 kids (6, 5 & 2). We have lots of Aussie friends but our Uk friends don't seem to stay on the Gold Coast long term, one by one they move to other parts of Australia or back to the Uk which has been really unsettling for us. Anyone else found this? Love our Aussie mates but you gotta have some people from home around you too.....they just 'get' you more and there's a lot less need to explain what you mean!

Anyone one with kids of similar ages wanting to get together.........

• 1 month later...

Mybabiesmumma, hi there we are flying out to the Gold Coast from UK ,Derbyshire on the 27th October,we are a family of 4, me(35), hubby(36), daughter(6), son(4). We would love to meet up! We are staying at the turtle beach resort for 28 nights before we find a permanent rental, areas we are looking at are helensvale, Arundel,park wood,Carrara, Ashmore.....anywhere nice really! Where abouts

are you living in the GC? Any advice on schools? Activities? Etc. my hubby is a carpenter so will have to find work. We don't no anybody so about scary! But as I said we would love to meet up ,especially the kids, who would have some new friends to play with.lol x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i am living in Varsity and looking to meet new people, i am single and if any of you fancy meeting up, for drinks and a chin wag, please message me, i am an ordinary bloke who enjoys the usual things, beach, premier league football and a good laugh, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
That would be great my son can't wait to move but my 8 year old daughter is very close to her friends and very upset at even the thought of leaving them x

Definitely, send me a message & will meet up. My youngest who was 2 & half when we left, doesn't really remember the UK, but my eldest took it the hardest, leaving her friends & grandparents. She loves it here now x

Hi jayzo,I will msg you when we have arrived,would love to meet up. We are just going through the final stages of selling our house,we are waiting to exchange,which seems to be taking forever!! Should be there end oct,beg of nov. how long have you lived there for? Is there lots of things for children to do?

Hi jayzo,I will msg you when we have arrived,would love to meet up. We are just going through the final stages of selling our house,we are waiting to exchange,which seems to be taking forever!! Should be there end oct,beg of nov. how long have you lived there for? Is there lots of things for children to do?

Hi Dnursey, we have been here 3 years next Jan. First year was hard (as they always are) but we stuck it out & our girls love it here.

Yes, please message me & can meet up. As for activities, loads to do, my girls love the beach, just generally being outside in the sun & recently got passes to the theme parks for a year.

Our house was on the market for 15 moths, thought it was never going to sell!! Once it sold, went through in 8 weeks, first time buyers & we moved in with my dad till we moved here, so no chain. X

• 2 weeks later...
Mybabiesmumma, hi there we are flying out to the Gold Coast from UK ,Derbyshire on the 27th October,we are a family of 4, me(35), hubby(36), daughter(6), son(4). We would love to meet up! We are staying at the turtle beach resort for 28 nights before we find a permanent rental, areas we are looking at are helensvale, Arundel,park wood,Carrara, Ashmore.....anywhere nice really! Where abouts

are you living in the GC? Any advice on schools? Activities? Etc. my hubby is a carpenter so will have to find work. We don't no anybody so about scary! But as I said we would love to meet up ,especially the kids, who would have some new friends to play with.lol x

We are flying out on the 29th of Oct, will be staying a couple of days in Dubai and Singapore, arrving Gc on the 5th but also staying at Turtle beach resort, one son, 10 years old,

Good luck,

Frank

• 1 month later...