starlight7

Going back in time- when?

If you could go back in time, when would you like to live? Victorian England? Viking times? Tudor times? French Revolution times? I think it would be exciting to live during the French Rev- so long as you weren't poor or one of the aristocracy!

I lost my Nan when I was 7, my grandad had died the year after I was born, I'd love to travel back and spend some time with them.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

The sixties would have been interesting to be a young man.

I want it all, and I want it now.

I can't decide.. Either the 60's or the Tudor times. Or back to the 90's to see my gran again. I don't remember loads about her other than a few memories but my dad said me and her were really close and I could see my great-gran too

I can't decide.. Either the 60's or the Tudor times. Or back to the 90's to see my gran again. I don't remember loads about her other than a few memories but my dad said me and her were really close and I could see my great-gran too

Surely it would be the Stuart Time :wink:

I would go back to pre-Tudor, maybe the 1300s or something.

However, if I could time travel anywhere, I would definitely chose forward not back.

Or if I wasn't going to go that far back then Id go back to when I was 16 and start again

But they say if you can remember the 60's you weren't there!!

To be honest as a young female, from what I can remember???it was an amazing exciting time.

Puts me in my place when you youngsters wish you had experienced what was my norm!!!

I only knew one of my grandparents, so it would mean a lot to me to have met the ones who died young.

Edited by ramot

The 60's were a great time. I'd love to go back and revisit my teens again.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

In the 60s it was really exciting- we thought we were pioneers- all you need is love, peace, flowers in your hair etc. Certainly a time when it was good to be young!

They were.:wink:

I would go back three years and decide to go stay for uni instead of swanning off to NZ.

I'd go back to the 70's difficult to say I'd make different choices though as I wouldn't have my Daughter and her girls.

But, if I did, I'd see more bands, especially The Sensational Alex Harvey Band instead of hitch hiking to St Ives the day they played the Mayfair :(

but I'd go to New Zealand with ***** ******* when he asked me instead of being too scared, I was only 18 though, so I'd have missed SAHB anyway! On the upside I wouldn't have got married in 1980 whenever it was and waste 5 years of my life with a complete ****!

Loved being a teenager in the 70's, great music, not all obviously, lads with long hair, Ian Gillan..... And my afghan coat :) and discovering my love for snogging...Haha!

I drink, therefore I dance.....

Yeah It was A privilege to be alive and in your teens in the 50 and 60's.Everything was so good.Low wages and hard work down the coal mine for me, driving a pit pony from the coal face to the bottom of the shaft.Getting a couple of pints of Newcastle Brown Ale. a 5 pkt of Woodbines.Untipped. And then off to the local dance with my mates.On a Friday @ Saturday night,we had the pick of 4 Dance Halls in our town.Pictures on a Sunday Night With the girl you asked out at the dance.3 Picture Houses,and 4 Snooker Halls.About 8 Pubs and a Greyhound Track.What more would anyone want?.Except a pretty girl.And there was loads of them to pick from. Happy Days

I'm just watching Downton Abbey, and romanticising about it but, let's face it I'd prolly be the bloody scullery maid! :laugh:

I'm just watching Downton Abbey, and romanticising about it but, let's face it I'd prolly be the bloody scullery maid! :laugh:

im the same lol I watched the tudors but Id end up being one of the servants :laugh:

Exactly what I was going to say!

Id love to experience the 'roaring twenties', but only as a rich or upper middle class woman - those gorgeous dresses! They have some of them on display at Alnwick Castle and they're so beautiful. Most are original too.

if I couldn't do that, I'd go back to the 60s and live my whole life over again. I might make a few changes, but I feel so lucky to have had a really happy life so far.

It was good when all my children were little, too. 1970s and 80s- very hectic but the house was always full and we usually had at least 8, sometimes 10 or 12 round the table for tea every night. Now its just the 2 of us mostly.

I would go to America in the late Fifties.

Watch the world change, drink coffee with beatniks and write some poetry.

I would hop over to Mexico and find William Burroughs and have a laugh.

When the Sixties came around I would join the merry pranksters, ride the bus and tune in, turn on and drop out.

Find Kesey and Kerouac and rap with them.

See the Doors, Rolling stones and Jefferson Airplane.

Wait patiently for Black Sabah to tour and see Hawkwind as much as I could

Wouldn't mind going back just to before the last Powerball mega draw so I can get my ticket on.

I want it all, and I want it now.

I would go back three years and decide to go stay for uni instead of swanning off to NZ.

You've got plenty of time to get serious yet BC.:yes: