'putting in' a pool?

Guest tony and sheena

Guest tony and sheena

Hi

Has anyone had a pool put in, is it a lot of aggro and is it expensive?

I know it'll depend on surround and size, but just a rough idea, not olympic sized but not standing shoulder to shoulder if the whole family decide to dip at once!!!!!!!

Also, can anyone recommend a website where I can have a look?

Cheers

Sheena

Guest brownfamily

Hi Sheena,

Yes, we put a pool in and it was finnisehd in Feb. It was definately a lot of hassle and a lot of mess. But having said that OH has done his own paving around the edge of the pool and outside decking area. But a rough idea for a concrete pool 7metres by 5 metres fully finnished and pool fencing is aound $30k.

It depends on what it is you want though. A fibregalss pool of appx the same size is about $17k, but you just have to remember that you don't get great depth with fibreglass pools, and it is 'standard' designs thayt you can't change.

Hope this helps.

Heather

You will need to notify the council although some pool companys take care of that side of things for you ,with ours it was swimable the day the fitted it,absolutely amazing to watch the excavator guys they do know there stuff.we got the pool from Barrier Reef ,who also own Ocean Reef,i asked local folk what their regrets where and it was the depth ,so we opted for the deepest one ,Gary bought and fitted the pool fencing himself to save a few quid and we had a private contractor do the concrete surrond as we wanted a larger surrond,all up for 12m 4.5m with concrete,tiles and fencing totalled about $30k.hope this helps

Cal x

Guest taffy 62

WE put a fibreglass pool in 9.5 x 4 mts. it was a doddle no problems and would do it again. took about 5 days from start to finish. the deepest they usually go is around 6ft. we didnt have a problem with that.

we have had both tiled and fibreglass. fibreglass was quicker and its smoother as some tiled pools can cut your feet (from experience not just ours either). you also get an option of grip rail and saftey ledge on these, great for small children, but i would not pick one with them next time as you tend to have dust and leaves collect in the rail and have to was it out alot. we picked harvest pools, (manufacturer) and found a good installer thats what you need to focus on more is finding someone good as there are a lot of cowboys out there. we got ours word of mouth so you may get some good reports of some the same here.

Guest Smartline Home Lending

I can safely say that putting in a pool was the BEST thing we ever did (well best toy we ever bought anyway)

Concrete pools will take about 4 - 5 weeks in total as you need to let the concrete cure. Fibre glass is much cheaper. Ours is 18 or 20m diametre so its not very big but it definately does the job. You can get the pool magazines from the news agency. Be aware, they also have lots of really expensive pools in there as well, but it is a good starting point. Also the yellow pages.

Our pool guy was great, no problems at all. We asked everyone we spoke to and found him that way. And that would be my advice, ask every one you come across if they have a pool, who put it in and would they use them again.

Guest Mandurah Kaz

Hi

Fully landscaped and 40000litres - it's about $30k - NOt too much hassle.

Look at Aquatechnics website.

Guest Mandurah Kaz

Hi

Yes it is your responsibility to secure your pool . The choice of fences is huge .

Archived