Findings so far of being in the UK

Johndoe

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I was last in UK I thought fast food was very greasy and unappetizing compared to Australia.

That was in places like McDonalds and KFC though not a fish and chips shop.

But I think the british taste is for greasier food.

I remember when I was last in UK I thought fast food was very greasy and unappetizing compared to Australia.

That was in places like McDonalds and KFC though not a fish and chips shop.

But I think the british taste is for greasier food.

Oh how ridiculous, the whole nation prefers greasier food lol

I have noticed no difference in how greasy the food is but I can only comment as someone who lives here. We had KFC a few days ago and it wasn't greasy.

Oh how ridiculous, the whole nation prefers greasier food lol

I have noticed no difference in how greasy the food is but I can only comment as someone who lives here. We had KFC a few days ago and it wasn't greasy.

Well my observation was that the fast food was a lot greasier in the UK than Australia. So that part is fact.

Whether Britain's prefer it greasier is speculation on my part, as I can't see why it would be that way otherwise.

Well my observation was that the fast food was a lot greasier in the UK than Australia. So that part is fact.

Whether Britain's prefer it greasier is speculation on my part, as I can't see why it would be that way otherwise.

Well it is also fact that I certainly haven't found the fast food greasier, 20 years ago perhaps but not nowadays.

You need to get out a bit more Kev:wink: go North my friend, go North:cool:.

PS eat Haddock!

I grew up in Halifax and you'd be laughed out of the chip shop if you asked for cod. In fact you wouldn't as they didn't serve cod anywhere in West Yorks. Haddock all the way! And we knew what a proper fish cake was - piece of haddock fillet in between two slices of potato, battered and fried. A meal in itself, with peas and curry sauce obviously.

Wow, I guess they don't get returning customers. A Pukka pie, probably the best pie in the world, is less than half the price you quoted.

'

Yes, they do. Aguably the best known "chippie" in Salisbury and surviving in the town centre, and as for you quoting "half the price" wouldn't that be for a "mass produced" pie and supermarket price as opposed to "bakery made" and served hot in a "takeout/dine in"?

Why can't all you usual suspects just leave this thread alone, All Kev is doing is mentioning/reporting how he is finding his trip.

He isn't doing this to start any arguments, but as usual some posters just seem to delight in high jacking thread after thread.

Kev enjoy what is left of your trip, spend time with your family, and hope that your visit helps you decide where to live.