July 2015 - EOI Invitation round

Pommie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Anjsmart,

We are planning to go with 190 (NSW) or else it will be a delay of two more months until we wait for 190 to expire and a loss of 300AUD as well... Planning to apply by this week end.

Oho ok. thanks for update :). all the best with your NSW visa

Hey guys,

can you please suggest if PTE or other exam is easier in comparison to IELTS? I heard with my friends that PTE is far better than ILELS. And can anybody share sample paper for PTE? Any input on that

Hi there... There have been a few other threads recently on this very topic.... Might be worth you having a look at this one; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/235286-ielts-english-test-help-please.html

Oho ok. But then how come he got visa invitation. is his point score is more than other?

There are some occupations that have to wait longer than others. These are occupations with high demand which have a pro rata arrangement imposed on them, which means that they only issue a certain amount of invites per month to that particular occupation group. The EOI you are asking about is a straightforward application with no pro rata restriction.

There is the question of points also, the higher the point score, the further up the queue you become and therefore likely to be invited more quickly.

Anyone know when they will publish stats from the 6th July on the website? would be great to see what scores are getting invited in each profession...

Hi anyone who has received an invitation from 6 July round......I cant see the allocation of visas in the skillselect page...

Last programme year (when there were two invitation rounds per month) they published the results of the previous round on the day of the next round i.e. a fortnight later. As the invitation rounds are now once per month it's difficult to say for sure, but I would imagine that you'll see the results about two weeks after each invitation round.

I didn't realise you could check how many per occupation were invited. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the 19th June results? [emoji4]

You can't check what occupations were invited. You can only view the occupations with visa grants

Hey Teejams,

Can you please share you occupation code and points you have applied. May be migrant agents get priority over normal applicant

342313 Electronic Equipment Trades Worker - 60 points

Edited by CaptainC
Removed external link

Last programme year (when there were two invitation rounds per month) they published the results of the previous round on the day of the next round i.e. a fortnight later. As the invitation rounds are now once per month it's difficult to say for sure, but I would imagine that you'll see the results about two weeks after each invitation round.

Thanks for the info CaptainC... will relax for the moment then and check the website in a week so.

I didn't get an invite too. Never mind, my agent told me the next round will be on the 3rd or 7th August but it hasn't been confirmed which one. A good bit of news though, I got an email from PTE saying that Immigration dept had requested my results and they had been sent as requested. So it means they are doing something with the application.....fingers crossed August x x xA big well done to everybody who got theirs

I didn't get an invite too. Never mind, my agent told me the next round will be on the 3rd or 7th August but it hasn't been confirmed which one. A good bit of news though, I got an email from PTE saying that Immigration dept had requested my results and they had been sent as requested. So it means they are doing something with the application.....fingers crossed August x x xA big well done to everybody who got theirs

Another tick in the box for PTE. IELTS don't have any form of customer service like that!

I will be finishing my Professional Year in October and probable applying for EOI in November or December. I will have 65 points and I am in the analyst programmer group 2613 i reckon. As last year the ceiling was reached in May. Do you think I will have any chance?

I will be finishing my Professional Year in October and probable applying for EOI in November or December. I will have 65 points and I am in the analyst programmer group 2613 i reckon. As last year the ceiling was reached in May. Do you think I will have any chance?

Welcome to the forum.

'2613' group invites are pro rata so in this case it is a benefit to you.

You may have to wait a couple of rounds but you'll get invited.

Edited by CaptainC

Welcome to the forum.

'2613' group invites are pro rata so in this case it is a benefit to you.

You may have to wait a couple of rounds but you'll get invited.

Thanks. I was checking the numbers and the cut off is usually around 60 points.

That means that on that round I would be called. Right?

You can't check what occupations were invited. You can only view the occupations with visa grants

Sorry.....I take the above quoted message back......the table shows invited occupations.

Although it only shows that 40 barristers were invited so its outdated or just plain wrong!

Thanks. I was checking the numbers and the cut off is usually around 60 points.

That means that on that round I would be called. Right?

Yes it is 60.

You will be invited, but they limit the number of invites each month to spread them throughout the year for certain occupations, yours being one of them. This is to help prevent all of the places being taken up before the end of the programme year.

Therefore, it may take a few rounds but you will be invited.

Edited by CaptainC
Typo

Statutory declarations must be certified by a person authorised by the Attorney General. A solicitor in the UK cannot do it. A list of people eligible to witness them are available here > https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx

Usually the easiest way (if you can call it that) is to go to the Australian High Commission in London between 0930 & 1130 Monday to Friday (no appointment necessary) and pay the fee to have a Stat Dec witnessed. http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Consular1.html

Thanks CaptainC, I've spoken to CPA who have kindly allowed me to resubmit data so I'm going to take your advice and head into London to have the statutory declarations I've put together authorised. Providing this all goes well that should put me on 70 points.

Edited by stevegallagher