July 2015 - EOI Invitation round

Pommie

Hi to all of you who have submitted an EOI in April/May/June and are eagerly waiting for the July 6th invitation round.

I thought I would start a thread for people to share there stories, hopes and outcomes....!!

I lodged my EOI on May 28th (Accountant with 60 points).... So eagerly awaiting news that the SOL has not changed in the new year !!!

I've lived in Oz for 5 years, so I know first hand how good the lifestyle is.... back in the UK now and want the flexibility to head back in a year or two (for good this time).

I think an invite in July is a bit of a long shot, given there will be a backlog of Accountants, Software programmers and similar occupations that have reached the occupational ceiling a couple of months back....!!! If all fails, there is always the August round...

Anyone else out there eagerly waiting - would love to hear.....

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pommie,

My husband submitted his eoi 9th June (systems analyst) so we too are both eagerly waiting for the new sol to be released and hoping his category remains! So I know how you feel!

Yes.... it would be exciting if I wasn't so nervous..... lol...

Fingers crossed for you both....

So nervous, I just want to know! Good luck to you too! Where are you hoping to go? We are hoping to go to the Sunshine coast or Brisbane..

I've lived in Oz for 5 years in Perth, so it would be an easy decision to head back there....!!! Brisbane is lovely as well....

Like you say, its the lack of certainty thats the worst....!!! When do you plan on heading to Oz when you get a visa ?

Great idea to start this post. There will be plenty of people out there waiting for July 6th.....including me. We're on pins and have been for a while now as we waited for the May and June invites on a 190 but then had to change to a 189 so re submitted June 22nd with 65 points. I just want the invite and maybe I can stop being a stress head!

Great idea to start this post. There will be plenty of people out there waiting for July 6th.....including me. We're on pins and have been for a while now as we waited for the May and June invites on a 190 but then had to change to a 189 so re submitted June 22nd with 65 points. I just want the invite and maybe I can stop being a stress head!

I know how you feel.... its not the waiting so much, but more the uncertainty.... fingers crossed the SOL does;t have any major changes....!!! You will be fine with 65 points ;-)

My signature says it all! Can't wait for SOL and then the invite! Plan to land in Australia by December this year.

Hi Yashsr - with 75 points you will cruise home.....

I submitted 28th May, but with 60 points - so I may have to wait for the August round !!! not too much of an issue really as I plan on heading back in early 2017.... so all good,.... I just want to get through the uncertainty factor of the new SOL year !!!

Hi Yashsr - with 75 points you will cruise home.....

I submitted 28th May, but with 60 points - so I may have to wait for the August round !!! not too much of an issue really as I plan on heading back in early 2017.... so all good,.... I just want to get through the uncertainty factor of the new SOL year !!!

True, only if they don't remove accountants!

Actually whilst I'm here, I had my skills assessed by CPA way back in 2013 but following some rather unhelpful prior companies I was only able to get one out of ten previous roles validated so have not been able to claim additional work points at this stage. CPA did say that I would need to make an official statutory declaration confirming certain details and I was wondering if anybody else had encountered anything along these lines?

Actually whilst I'm here, I had my skills assessed by CPA way back in 2013 but following some rather unhelpful prior companies I was only able to get one out of ten previous roles validated so have not been able to claim additional work points at this stage. CPA did say that I would need to make an official statutory declaration confirming certain details and I was wondering if anybody else had encountered anything along these lines?

I haven't had experience of this, however I can imagine the statutory declaration would be accepted - but I would focus on getting it as official as you can (solicitors stamp)...

I haven't had experience of this, however I can imagine the statutory declaration would be accepted - but I would focus on getting it as official as you can (solicitors stamp)...

Statutory declarations must be certified by a person authorised by the Attorney General. A solicitor in the UK cannot do it. A list of people eligible to witness them are available here > https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx

Usually the easiest way (if you can call it that) is to go to the Australian High Commission in London between 0930 & 1130 Monday to Friday (no appointment necessary) and pay the fee to have a Stat Dec witnessed. http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Consular1.html

Edited by CaptainC
Adding additional quote