You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

lamchop

Perth or Brisbane? carpenter jobs

Was looking at relocating to perth or brisbane as we have been living in adelaide for 4 years since moving over here. work is flat here. Seems to be more jobs on offer when i look at seek etc...

How is the building trade there?

I have visited perth once 6 years ago and was the place we wanted to migrate to but south Australia was where we managed to get state sponsorship for so stayed here. its nice enough in Adelaide but work situation is not great for carpenters. Been to Brisbane a few times too but not looked at work there. I realise the east coast has much more population and perhaps more to offer but really like western Australia lots too. its a tough call. we have bought a house here but thinking of renting it out and going for a change. we are a family of 3 with a new born baby to consider too.

any info will be appreciated

thanks

Rich.

Thanks

Rich.

Brisbane, you have from the NSW border (Gold Coast) up to Noosa, best chance for work.

Good luck.

Enjoying life in Queensland

hoping to head out to perth in october,heard there s a good bit of work ,don t think there s a lot of work in the new builds,but plenty of work on sites,renovations

vetasess received 21.3.12,passed level 1 2/3/12

There appears to be a building boom in Brisbane. Mostly stuff for investment market - a number of 5 story apartment blocks going up near me (Sherwood) to keep the Chinese money coming in. I'd have thought lots of work for a carpenter.

My husband has set up as a handyman since we moved here (brisbane) this year. He has managed to find work everyday, there seems to be alot of carpentry work available. We chose Brisbane over Perth partly due to more work opportunities here and also didn't want to be so isolated. Do love Perth though, but very happy here in Brisbane.

Academic IELTs 18/1/14, ANMAC submitted 3/14, ANMAC LOD 15/07/14, EOI for 189 16/07/14, ITA 28/7/14, Lodged with docs frontloaded 28/7/14, Medicals 12/8/14, CO????????, Visa Grant 2/10/14 . Arrived in Brisbane 22/1/15 :jiggy:

Thanks guys for the input.

They need to take carpenters off the state sponsor list for south australia.

They need to take carpenters off the state sponsor list for south australia.

Ugh thats true for most professions throughout Australia at the current time!