Newbie alert :p

Hi there all i am new to the forum. Currently in london uk with my hubby and 4 kids. Hubby emigrated to Aus as a child but came back as an adult. We are now considering moving over there with the boys for a better life for them. everyone tells me Aus is very child friendly. Just started looking into stuff and from what i can gather i will need a spousal visa? As hubby already has a resident visa. Look forward to getting to know you all especially anyone in considering NSW.

Guest janinecooksey

Hi

I only found the sight today myself. Wish I had found it 4 years ago.

I was born in Perth but left to live in the UK when I was 3 years old. When we decided to come we did not even realised that I had a right of passage and spent months trying to figure out how we were going to get around the point system. In desperation I contacted Australia House only to be told that we only needed to get the Visa for Hubby.

If your husband is already a citezern you will only need to complete a spousal visa application and your kids will all be citezerns by descent.

All in it only took us 9 week from start to finish to get his visa. The hardest part was finding 2 existing Aussie cits thatvwe had known for more than 2 years to write statutory declerations for us.

Sorry about the spelling never was very good at it.

Jan:jiggy:

Oh well finding 2 people shouldnt be hard since all his family still live out there.

Thank you for replying

Guest jogrant3232

Hi guys and welcome to this crazy site, Im sure you will have lots of fun and find loads of info.

Well It looks like i am becoming slightly obssesed. Spent all yesterday evening looking at rental propertys to get a feel for the rental market. Then Google earth :biglaugh:looking round Newcastle.

Then to top it all off i dreamed of the place. If Hubby mentions huntsmans the size of his hand again i may shoot him.

Still heard nothing back from aus house after filling in there online assesment:no:

Guest Pingpongpom

Hi moo family and welcome to PIO!:smile:..i also went to Aus as a small child and returned to UK..when i returned to Aus many years later with my own family, we all became permanent residents as a family..then we came back to the UK again and my son now has a daughter of his own..if he wanted his partner and daughter to go to Aus with him, his partner would have to apply for a spouse visa and his daughter a child visa, for whom he would act as her sponsor Family - Visas & Immigration ..this site is very helpful..all the best to you and your family..

Tess:cute:

Thank you. Will take a look at the link in a moment just got off the phone to MIL who is setting us up an Aus bank account tomorrow. That way we can put a bit aside each month for our initial living expenses when we arrive. After months of debating if i want to go i have now become so excited by the prospect I wish I could go tomorrow!

Archived