vetassess assessment issue help~~

Aplus

hello everyone, i am new to this forum.

I have a stupid question about vetassess assessment. I want to apply Architectural Draftsperson (ANZSCO Code 312111), I have many years work experience in this field but my degree is in IT.

When vetassess says "If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, " does it mean a qualification in any field(like IT, or education?), or it means a degree in a relevant field just not highly relevant?

in my case, can I get a positive assessment from vetassess?

thank you in advance~~

A relevant qualification is one in the same topic as your nominated occupation. A non relevant qualification is a qualification in something else.

thank you, Bungo, I understand what is relevant qualificatin and highly relevant/non relevant qualification. I should rephrase my question, if I have a non-relevant qualification but with heavy work experience in the highly relevant field for my nominated occupation. Can it pass vetassess assessment? Would vetassess allow to use work experience to substitute a non-relevant qualification ?

thank you

thank you, Bungo, I understand what is relevant qualificatin and highly relevant/non relevant qualification. I should rephrase my question, if I have a non-relevant qualification but with heavy work experience in the highly relevant field for my nominated occupation. Can it pass vetassess assessment? Would vetassess allow to use work experience to substitute a non-relevant qualification ?

thank you

Sorry I had assumed you read the website and just werent clear on what they meant by non relevant. Vetassess is quite a nice clear website (compared to others!) and explains what is acceptable with and without a relevant qualification. It does vary by occupation though, so you have to read what it says for your occupation. I would be hopeful for you though, it often just requires more work experience to make up for non relevant degree.

Edited by Bungo

hello everyone, i am new to this forum.

I have a stupid question about vetassess assessment. I want to apply Architectural Draftsperson (ANZSCO Code 312111), I have many years work experience in this field but my degree is in IT.

When vetassess says "If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, " does it mean a qualification in any field(like IT, or education?), or it means a degree in a relevant field just not highly relevant?

in my case, can I get a positive assessment from vetassess?

thank you in advance~~

I was in exactly the same boat - a degree in a subject which has very little relevance to my career and work experience. Due to my work experience (around 8 years) in my chosen occupation (Health Information Manager) for the 190 visa application I received a positive assessment from Vetassess. I made sure that the I got as much 'proof' as possible to show that my experience matches my occupation - reference from my boss, one from a colleague, one from HR, copy of my job description, contract, copies of yearly appraisals etc etc. Good luck!

thank you Rammygirl, I also have a question on this, the vetassess website says they do not have the final say on the points, it is up to case officers. Although they will give an option on my work experience, I wonder how important is vetassess opinion for case officer, will case officer follow their opinion?

I have a friend who had a skill assessment from ACS, ACS deducted two years experience becuase he has an overseas qualification. But his case officer did not deduct that two years experience!!~~he is lucky.

• 2 months later...