register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

RWall95

Am I eligible for a RRV?

Hi,

I had a Residents Visa (176 I think), is it possible for me to get a Residents Return Visa as mine has expired. Also, after it expired I visited Australia with a E-Visitor Visa. Would this cause issues getting a RRV?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi,

I had a Residents Visa (176 I think), is it possible for me to get a Residents Return Visa as mine has expired. Also, after it expired I visited Australia with a E-Visitor Visa. Would this cause issues getting a RRV?

Thanks,

Ryan

I think your Visitor Visa would have cancelled out your 176 so you may not be able to get an RRV.

So will I have to go through the full process again?

Or do you recommend any other visas? My sister is over there with her boyfriend, she is on a residents visa and he is on a working visa. But there are so many visas I am unsure of which to do.

I'm pretty new to this as when i lived there before i was 14/15

You may indeed have messed up your chances of getting a RRV by getting that tourist visa, but it has not necessarily cancelled it.

The RRV is a funny one, often granted in situations where you really would not expect it to be and when criteria does not appear to be met. I have definitely seen someone have a PR visa as a child, visit on a tourist visa and then apply for a RRV many years later and get it. In my book, it is worth a shot, but do so with an agent like Ian Harrop, who is known for these cases.

You may indeed have messed up your chances of getting a RRV by getting that tourist visa, but it has not necessarily cancelled it.

The RRV is a funny one, often granted in situations where you really would not expect it to be and when criteria does not appear to be met. I have definitely seen someone have a PR visa as a child, visit on a tourist visa and then apply for a RRV many years later and get it. In my book, it is worth a shot, but do so with an agent like Ian Harrop, who is known for these cases.

Thank you both, for your help :)

Have you considered the possibility of consulting a registered migration agent?

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com