cengland

Hey,

I applied for a 190 visa, after getting nominated by Victoria.

I have just recieved my rejection due to me getting 5 points rather than 15... their reasons were that I do not have a degree and therefore 5 years of my work experience is invalid...? I am applying for a 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer, and cannot understand the rejection.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

Thanks

Colin

It could be because they use experience in lieu of the degree, therefore they have taken the 5 years of experience instead of a degree. The work experience for points will therefore be only the years after this time. Does that make sense?

check the small print in the assessment.

usually only work experience after you qualify is counted, something known as the deeming date. It has caught a few people out.

Nope just drops us under the threshold, Needing 5 more points. Will do my English Test again to gain the extra points as only previously got 10 points were I can get 20 putting me over. At least I know what points I will get now 100% just need the increase in language and I should be done. Does anyone know if I would have to do my Medical again?

Sorry to hear this would you not ring an agent they might be able to appeal or at least put you in right direction? It might cost you their few but alot cheaper than applying for visa again.im not sure you can even appeal but i think I'd definitely speak with someone.

Best of luck hope you get sorted

Sorry to hear this would you not ring an agent they might be able to appeal or at least put you in right direction? It might cost you their few but alot cheaper than applying for visa again.im not sure you can even appeal but i think I'd definitely speak with someone.

Thanks for the advise, certainally worth giving a go. This forum is brilliant really helpful. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

There is no way to appeal this.

Aww that's a nightmare. Medicals are valid for 12 months.

We have our medicals tomorrow, my hubby had TB forty years ago as a kid, and we'll no doubt be referred to The MOC. I believe this will add a few months on. The waiting is torture ?

There is no way to appeal this.

Echoing Blossom's post, there is no case to appeal. The OP made a common mistake and waiting up to two years for an MRT (Migration Review Tribunal) to be heard and employing lawyers to assist will not be worth it, especially as this is a clear cut case for visa refusal.

Best to bite the bullet, employ a MARA agent, ensure the i's are all dotted and the t's are all crossed and reapply.

• 2 months later...
Hey - yeah that is what has caught me out... Looks like I will have too apply again... money now tighter than ever.. Thanks guys for letting me know you guys are more helpfull than the Case Officers.

Case officers are not there to help you understand the requirements or answer questions. Their job is to assess an application against the relevant Migration Regulations.

I have just recieved my rejection due to me getting 5 points rather than 15... their reasons were that I do not have a degree and therefore 5 years of my work experience is invalid...? I am applying for a 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer, and cannot understand the rejection.

Unfortunately this is quite a common mistake. As you do not have formal qualifications, ACS will subtract employment experience before your are considered "skilled" for migration purposes.