Transfer with existing company to Oz and Skills ?

ljruss2013

Hi all

I have been offered an equivalent job to mine (Sales Manager - Medical) in Oz with the company that I have been employed in for the last 8 Years. We are now at the early stages of Visa options. We have been given the visa option ENS Subclass 186. After reading into everything now that we have got past the giving me a job offer and what not we are about to start the sponsorship and visa stuff. On looking at the visa stuff I notice that I need to have a skills assessment from VETASSESS. On looking at all the information I have been given i.e. (ANZSCO 225412) it looks like I need a degree to be assessed. Now I don't have a degree. I have 12 years experience in the Medical Sales work and 8 years with my current company.

How can they assess my skills i.e. Degree and what not when I don't have one ?

Would my experience outweigh my need for a degree. and if so what would I be assessed on ?

Or would I be exempt from the VETASSESS ???

Any information that can be provided would be fantastic. If someone has had a similar experience please share.

Many Thanks in Advance

Hi all

I have been offered an equivalent job to mine (Sales Manager - Medical) in Oz with the company that I have been employed in for the last 8 Years. We are now at the early stages of Visa options. We have been given the visa option ENS Subclass 186. After reading into everything now that we have got past the giving me a job offer and what not we are about to start the sponsorship and visa stuff. On looking at the visa stuff I notice that I need to have a skills assessment from VETASSESS. On looking at all the information I have been given i.e. (ANZSCO 225412) it looks like I need a degree to be assessed. Now I don't have a degree. I have 12 years experience in the Medical Sales work and 8 years with my current company.

How can they assess my skills i.e. Degree and what not when I don't have one ?

Would my experience outweigh my need for a degree. and if so what would I be assessed on ?

Or would I be exempt from the VETASSESS ???

Any information that can be provided would be fantastic. If someone has had a similar experience please share.

Many Thanks in Advance

I am afraid that you will not be able to get a positive skills assessment for this occupation without a degree. As you can see from the vetassess website, for this occupation you need either a highly relevant degree and one year of post qualification experience or a non relevant degree and three years of relevant experience. But there is no option for no degree at all.

This does mean you are not eligible for the 186 visa at this point in time. You would have to look into the 457 visa, which is a temporary visa and then after two years your employer could sponsor you for the 186 visa through the transitional stream which enables you to skip skills assessment. You cannot get an exemption from skills assessment at the moment however.

Edited by Bungo

Many Thanks for your help in answering that one. I have a young son. If we went out on a 457 visa to Melbourne would be have to pay school fees ? I remember seeing somewhere before that they charge school fees and after telling my employer this I was told the 186 would be better then.

Many Thanks for your help in answering that one. I have a young son. If we went out on a 457 visa to Melbourne would be have to pay school fees ? I remember seeing somewhere before that they charge school fees and after telling my employer this I was told the 186 would be better then.

I can't remember on Victoria school fees, as it varies from state to state. The 186 certainly is a better visa, unfortunately it isn't an option for you just yet. Were you hoping for a permanent move?

Victorian school fees for State public schools aren't too bad, a few hundred $ per year. Schools do have another few hundred $ of "voluntary" fees which they expect you to pay, but the voluntary fees aren't compulsory. Primary school fees are a little bit less than secondary school fees.