Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

Marisawright

Dont worry....you will get there.

Life's a hard balance on what you would like to do and what you need to do.

just don't leave your dreams too late for you to be unable to enjoy them:daydreaming:

Exactly!! Good call Fifi and thanks. Will look seriously this time at getting our own place then we can go whenever we have a free weekend and save heaps on accomodation

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!! Good call Fifi and thanks. Will look seriously this time at getting our own place then we can go whenever we have a free weekend and save heaps on accomodation

Sounds ace:wubclub:

draw up a five year plan, maybe 10, your still a young un:cool:

You've got your aim and something to work towards

What's the point in waiting 5 years so we've got more money or whatever? That's boring and I don't do boring or bored. I do make it happen because life is short and for living. Not for planning then getting there and it All goes pear shaped. Time waits for no man (or woman)

Well we've both just turned 40, this can be our mid life crisis! Been toying with it for a good while really. You've made me think, we can do it now so what's stopping us?? We can do whatever we want. We have choices. Live life to the fullest.

You always have choices....don't let anyone tell you different.

Especially yourself:err:

so easy to talk ourselves out of stuff

I have been keeping one eye on this post! and waiting! for comments to get realistic! bitching back and forth over pub meals and meaningless! seriously!

Marissa, I don't know Southampton, or exact terms on where you are living, but life is short, u have made huge move, MOVE! hand in your notice, wait your whatever

terms and conditions, and move. Don't blame yourself or look too much into it, you did the best! just move on! Don't juge yourself just move! You move from Australia

so handing in notice and moving into the most wonderful place in England can't be too hard! go for it! Don't settle, don't judge! And seriously who gives a toss

about the prices of things!

Emotions of people, and what people think matter more. Good luck Marissa, move, simple, go for it, beautiful places in England, and good for u protecting your hubby,

hugs. xx

But the rest of you, let if go.! squabbling over the prices of stuff, come on!

What nonsense are you talking! bless the boat people, sure, but they don't subscribe too this thread! Focus on task at hand! We love you Marissa, but move on. A lot of you are using this thread to moan on, and on, and on!!!

Marissa, move! I had not been too Southampton, but think pretty clear, crap! Don't move all the way across the world too not seek the best! Move, as members here have said!

The rest of you, let it go. Maybe some other member has something else to say!

Perthbum, love your picture, as I have previously said. But the boat people can not be saved, until the people who are accounted for, matter, and have an opinion! yes government! Some of us try just to cope with our own family,or extended family first. And maybe no time for the boat people? Unfortunatley we are born into what we are born into. Only can do soooo much. I feel sympathy for anyone, will cry for anyone, but I know my initial resources always goes to my immediate family.

And I am tired after that. Sooo, there it ends. Just be realistic, I like your ambition, but just confused why you bring this up. Not about being mean or unfair, but look after your own first. Maybe that is enough to bring about change.

Happyheart, like your enthusiasm. Go for it. I have patiently stood back and waited and watched on this thread. Got a little impatient, as said above, cause I think this thread needs to move on.

Just wondering why you are so confident at age of 44 and can move on??? I am also just turned 44 and going "is this it!"

Seriously ali you must have done the Perth zoo, aqua, white man park loop with young kids? It does get a bit tedious. You get that effect anywhere, it does happen fairly fast in Perth though. Problem is and always has been that you don't have the itinerant population to sustain the variety due to the isolation of the place.

It is a known factor and something you have to move through. If you're kids aren't sporty, Perth can get a little dull.

Of course we've done touristy things, especially when the rellies visit but there's much more to do (I feel), as do others. My son is sporty and loves it ... my daughter is 20 and isn't but loves it too, she finds plenty to do when she's not working/at Uni that doesn't involve sport .... I don't believe our family is an anomaly that bucks the trend.

Well we've both just turned 40, this can be our mid life crisis! Been toying with it for a good while really. You've made me think, we can do it now so what's stopping us?? We can do whatever we want. We have choices. Live life to the fullest.

On my 40th I contacted a Migration Agent, the rest is history :wink: 40 is definitely a turning point for a lot of people . Good luck HH, I'm sure you can do anything when you put your mind to it.

What do you mean Que Sera Sera, why?? did you get what you want out of it?? You are still in Western Australia???

Yes the 40's is a turning point.

WA is the place she moved to....she is v happy.

getting older isn't the best...but it does put a prospective on things..

I came to Aus early forties, am glad I took that risk/chance.

the good thing about being older, is you do really know what's important

What's the point in waiting 5 years so we've got more money or whatever? That's boring and I don't do boring or bored. I do make it happen because life is short and for living. Not for planning then getting there and it All goes pear shaped. Time waits for no man (or woman)

Spot on...in 50 years or sooner all of us on here will probably be pushing up daises...enjoy life.

Guest Bartletts
I'd like to know what Paul ( and others who say it's boring/ nothing to do) would like to be doing that he can't do in Perth. Just out of interest....

Bog snorkelling is about the only thing you can't do in Oz. Seriously people need to get out more

Not everything suits everyone though like fishing bores the pants off me ! If people like fishing that's great for them ! But you wouldn't catch me in the sea neither only very shallow like up to my hips , the beach is fine in summer but realistically ya carny go every weekend anyway unless ya retired ! I do get out and I'm sure others do ! But everything that's available doesn't suit everyone I've been the theme parks loads with me lads I won't go on anything ! I just sit on the grass waiting for them won't catch me on them well I went on the log flume ! I'd **** my self on a rollacoaster !

Sometimes you just need to find away round stuff.

i don't get fishing either, but OH loves it.

but we do enjoy and try and do things together, I enjoy reading.

so he goes fishing, I plonk myself next to him in a comfy chair, get out a book, maybe even a bottle of wine. He's happy and relaxed and so am I.

even in winter, with the Fireban over, you can get a little fire going on the beach. Can be romantic:wub:

that may be a rubbish example....but like Shelley not enjoying theme parks (neither do I) you can still get pleasure from being with/ watching others enjoying what they enjoy.

Sometimes you just need to find away round stuff.

i don't get fishing either, but OH loves it.

but we do enjoy and try and do things together, I enjoy reading.

so he goes fishing, I plonk myself next to him in a comfy chair, get out a book, maybe even a bottle of wine. He's happy and relaxed and so am I.

even in winter, with the Fireban over, you can get a little fire going on the beach. Can be romantic:wub:

that may be a rubbish example....but like Shelley not enjoying theme parks (neither do I) you can still get pleasure from being with/ watching others enjoying what they enjoy.

I do exactly the same thing :laugh: I also avoid theme parks etc - OK when the lads were small but those days are well and truly over now - never liked them. All those crowds :elvis: I'm also very happy with my own company. Love to read and I can walk to the cinema and theatre from the house which is great. We go out most days to just drive around the countryside and find a nice little place to have lunch with a glass of wine for me and a beer for OH. Doesn't take much to keep me amused :wink: I'm just happy to be away from big city living and the crowds.

I do exactly the same thing :laugh: I also avoid theme parks etc - OK when the lads were small but those days are well and truly over now - never liked them. All those crowds :elvis: I'm also very happy with my own company. Love to read and I can walk to the cinema and theatre from the house which is great. We go out most days to just drive around the countryside and find a nice little place to have lunch with a glass of wine for me and a beer for OH. Doesn't take much to keep me amused :wink: I'm just happy to be away from big city living and the crowds.

Sounds ideal!