Etihad/Abu Dhabi airport transit

paisleylass

Hi all

We are flying back to UK on Sunday, our first time with Etihad. Both legs are operated by Etihad and land/depart from terminal 3. What's the procedure for transit? Website is unclear. Do we have to go through security again? Will we have issues if we have purchased liquids before landing at Abu Dhabi? I assume we don't have to collect luggage or 'land' in UAE.

Any advice appreciated, I am sure there will be plenty of people here who've used Etihad!

Hi all

We are flying back to UK on Sunday, our first time with Etihad. Both legs are operated by Etihad and land/depart from terminal 3. What's the procedure for transit? Website is unclear. Do we have to go through security again? Will we have issues if we have purchased liquids before landing at Abu Dhabi? I assume we don't have to collect luggage or 'land' in UAE.

Any advice appreciated, I am sure there will be plenty of people here who've used Etihad!

Hey there, I flew them in April and am flying them again in a couple of weeks. Abu Dhabi airport is nowhere as big as Dubai and is super easy to navigate around. IF you have your onward boarding cards just follow the signs for transferring flights, i went down some stairs and then went through security again - You don't need to queue at the transfer desk if you have your onward boarding passes. Your bags will be checked through so you wont see them until your final destination, once through security which was pretty quick you are still airside and will be able to visit the airline lounges or find your gate. There is a food court also with local fast food and take out along with the usual suspects of Burger King/Hungry Jacks. Enjoy! :-)

Edited by DeeTowers

Cheers DT, great info! Never been to the middle east before, only done the UK-Aus journey once and that was through USA, where we knew what to expect heh. Sounds like Abu Dhabi will be relatively easy.

Yeah it was my first time with Etihad in April and i have made a point to fly with them again in July as the service was awesome (don't believe anything you read on the airline review websites) the service was top notch, food good and they have just started to use the A380 on the AU routes which are so much more comfy than the 777. Enjoy :-)

Cheers DT, great info! Never been to the middle east before, only done the UK-Aus journey once and that was through USA, where we knew what to expect heh. Sounds like Abu Dhabi will be relatively easy.

Only been through Abu Dhabi once by mistake when my flight was diverted from Dubai. Middle east is much tougher on security. I have bought bottled water in transit, and then had it taken off on a security check before boarding the plane. (Carry an empty bottle and fill it on the plane). Other than that they are brill.