189 Visa Lodged June 2015

Morning guys!

We we are STILL waiting for our grant! Lodged the 24th June, CO asked for our police checks, which we uploaded nearly 3 weeks ago (3 weeks on Weds 30th). Our emigration agent said it can take up to 3 weeks, so I'm hoping it doesn't drag over!

we booked our flights and officially fly on the 8th November, so exciting, scary, crazy, etc!! Booked 3 weeks of short term accommodation right near the Botanical Gardens in Melbourne.

Our house currently has quite a few boxes in it, waiting to be packed up!

How is everyone else getting on?

X

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning guys!

We we are STILL waiting for our grant! Lodged the 24th June, CO asked for our police checks, which we uploaded nearly 3 weeks ago (3 weeks on Weds 30th). Our emigration agent said it can take up to 3 weeks, so I'm hoping it doesn't drag over!

we booked our flights and officially fly on the 8th November, so exciting, scary, crazy, etc!! Booked 3 weeks of short term accommodation right near the Botanical Gardens in Melbourne.

Our house currently has quite a few boxes in it, waiting to be packed up!

X

Jeez, thought I was waiting long. Have you given the DIBP a call?

Edited by supercow

We we are STILL waiting for our grant! Lodged the 24th June, CO asked for our police checks, which we uploaded nearly 3 weeks ago (3 weeks on Weds 30th).

We applied two days before you; had a request that we fulfilled on the 10th and the 22nd; still waiting.

Tried emailing, but haven't had any response.

peter xyz

If I'm honest, I don't understand why people only upload part of the documentation required and hence wait for the CO to request more details.... a PCC lasts for 1 year (unless its a high risk country)... My advice for others is to upload all docs straight away and this will speed up the visa grant...

If I'm honest, I don't understand why people only upload part of the documentation required

Agreed - a couple of the items requested we'd already uploaded, and two others weren't quite to the specs they were after. But we had Form 80, medicals, etc all done.

I can see why some people might be tempted to chance their arm on Form 80, knowing how long it took us. However we figured the same as you, that it's better to front load everything possible given the waiting time.

peter xyz

Agreed - a couple of the items requested we'd already uploaded, and two others weren't quite to the specs they were after. But we had Form 80, medicals, etc all done.

I can see why some people might be tempted to chance their arm on Form 80, knowing how long it took us. However we figured the same as you, that it's better to front load everything possible given the waiting time.

peter xyz

Peter - If that s the case, give them a call.... I bet you get a grant 20 minutes later....

Hey guys, first of all congratulations to all who got their grants. I applied on the 9/9 and still waiting very impatiently ofcourse. Did anyone get rejected or knows someone who has?? Cz I think the worst that could happen is that your CO tells you to upload some more documents or modify the ones you uploaded, am I right??

Hey guys, first of all congratulations to all who got their grants. I applied on the 9/9 and still waiting very impatiently ofcourse. Did anyone get rejected or knows someone who has?? Cz I think the worst that could happen is that your CO tells you to upload some more documents or modify the ones you uploaded, am I right??

There are a fair few people who get rejected, unfortunately their stories aren't always heard because they don't often come on the forum to tell them.

The department assess the evidence and if there isn't enough to satisfy the criteria then they will ask for more information. If there is a distinct lack of evidence then the application will likely be refused.

Likewise if somebody overclaimed their points then that also will likely be refused. Another way is if somebody does not pass the character test then most often they are also refused.

All cases are assessed on an individual basis against a set of clearly defined criteria and thankfully refusals are few. However, with thousands of applicants per year, they are a lot more common than people imagine.

Congratulations rose11 I applied June 17th final document when in yesterday so fingers crosses I'll hear soon this waiting is unbearable, enjoy celebrating

Thankyou. It is isn't it. You will hear soon, I was told by Immi that any requested info doesn't even get looked at for 28 days which helped knowing that as it stopped me checking every morning!! Good luck. X

Thankyou. It is isn't it. You will hear soon, I was told by Immi that any requested info doesn't even get looked at for 28 days which helped knowing that as it stopped me checking every morning!! Good luck. X

We uploaded our docs on the 9th Sept after a CO requested and are still waiting for our visa grant!!!!

is that 28 days on a case by case basis? It's been 4 weeks and 3 days, not that I'm counting, ha!

really hoping we get the visa soon as we have flights booked for the 8th November!!

Your CO asks for the information within 28 days, but there's nothing to say they will look at it within any specific time. There's also no guarantee they won't come back asking for additional information again. So it's possible you could need to reschedule your flights if your visa isn't granted by then. All you can do is wait and hope for a quick decision.

We uploaded our docs on the 9th Sept after a CO requested and are still waiting for our visa grant!!!!

is that 28 days on a case by case basis? It's been 4 weeks and 3 days, not that I'm counting, ha!

really hoping we get the visa soon as we have flights booked for the 8th November!!

I called and said that we had uploaded the info requested and was worried that if it wasn't enough evidence for them that I would run out of the 28 day period allowed to upload, she said it wouldn't even be looked at before the 28 days and if it wasn't enough they would request something else and would have another 28 days to provide.

Could be different for everyone, they are apparently snowed under with applications but I am quite sure they will get to you very soon.

Turns out what I provided was enough anyway and got the grant. We got asked for info on 27/08/15 and got the grant on 09/10/15. Hope this helps xx

Awe never thanks rose11 for that info, really disappointedthough was hoping I wouldn't have to wait that long, want to book my flight

It may be different for each case, fingers crossed for you. I did keep sending emails though saying how worried I was as we had spent a lot of money and didn't even know if they had received our info. They obviously had but I just wanted written confirmation from an actual person not a computer generated response system!

It won't be long at all, then the panic begins .... ;0) xx

Hi guys. I had received my visa a while ago. Planning to move in November finally. Was just thinking if there is a definite period within which you have to make your first entry to activate your visa.. Hoping not so..

Vats - You have 12 months to make entry in Australia (either temporary or permanently) which keeps the visa valid. As long as you do this, you have 5 years from grant to move permanently....

Hope this makes sense

Hi guys. I had received my visa a while ago. Planning to move in November finally. Was just thinking if there is a definite period within which you have to make your first entry to activate your visa.. Hoping not so..

Your visa grant notice will have a Must Enter By date on it, so you must make a trip by that date in order to validate the visa, even if you simply clear immigration and get on the next plane back home.

• 2 weeks later...
Just received grant notification.

Lodged 22 June; last info provide to case officer 10 August; grant 31 October; great relief to have the process over.

Thanks to everyone for the information along the way.

Peter

Congratulations! I didn't realise they granted visas on a Saturday?!

we lodged on 24th June and uploaded police checks after CO request on the 9th Sept, still waiting!!!

x