189 Visa Lodged June 2015

Hi everyone.! I am new to this thread but share the same anxiety as everyone else. Lodged on June 15th (without MA) and waiting...... Hope everything is fine on the other end.

I have a doubt though: I got my meds done on June27th but the progress tab on immiaccount still says recommended. I called the panel docs to check and they said that they had uploaded all the results long back. Dont know if the immigration website doesn't update about health examinations. I had uploaded PCC after that which have been received as per the progress tab there.

Wonder what's going on.

Hi

I see the same thing. Under "Persona 1" I have a button which says "Get Health Details".

When I click on this, some text which says

"Health requirement – health clearance provided – no action required

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

pops up under each applicant.

Hope this helps

Peter

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.! I am new to this thread but share the same anxiety as everyone else. Lodged on June 15th (without MA) and waiting...... Hope everything is fine on the other end.

I have a doubt though: I got my meds done on June27th but the progress tab on immiaccount still says recommended. I called the panel docs to check and they said that they had uploaded all the results long back. Dont know if the immigration website doesn't update about health examinations. I had uploaded PCC after that which have been received as per the progress tab there.

Wonder what's going on.

Hi vats,

Welcome to the forum. It's normal to have recommended on the immiaccount. As Peter pointed out in the post above if you click the get health details button underneath each applicant then you'll see if it has been updated with your medical clearance.

Hi

I see the same thing. Under "Persona 1" I have a button which says "Get Health Details".

When I click on this, some text which says

"Health requirement – health clearance provided – no action required

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

pops up under each applicant.

Hope this helps

Peter

Thanks peterxyz and Captain C. I can see the message..! The spreadsheet shows some grants for early June applicants. We are in line too..! Hoping to hear something soon!

Was reading through experiences of other people on the spreadsheet. I must say it is quiet an efficient way of keeping a track on the progress on everyone's application. Someone mentioned verification from employers. Do they verify from employers for whom we have not claimed points too? One of the company where I worked no longer exists, so I did not claim points for my experience there to keep myself safe. Hoping it should be ok. Do they call current employers as well.? It will become a 'News' in my office if they do.. :laugh:

Morning all, I woke up to the golden email this morning,lodged 8th June, granted this morning!! I didn't get asked for the form 80 either. Wood hooooo

Congratulations!!!! That's super quick, good luck with your new adventure.

Hey,

so last week I went for my bupa medical in perth. I've applied for my 189 thru an agent but he's being very vague with answers. How long will it take for my visa to be approved from here? Any help would be good

It normally takes around 3 months from the date you've paid visa fees and uploaded all the documents along with the medicals receipt(documents usually include Police Clearing Certificate and Form 80 among other documents).

Hi everyone, I lodged my 189 application on 21st June, have finished uploading all docs, police certificates received and had my medical last week so hopefully it's just a waiting game now! Wee question - what is the deal with 'form 80'? Should I fill this in and upload it too or wait and see if it's requested by a CO? Doing this all myself so don't wanna miss anything out!

Congrats to those who have got their result and fingers crossed for the rest of us! :)

What is the deal with 'form 80'? Should I fill this in and upload it too or wait and see if it's requested by a CO?

Depending on where you've lived, traveled and worked, it can take a while to track down all of the information.

I've uploaded mine while waiting on the theory that I don't want to add a couple of weeks delay if they do ask for it.

If you haven't lived/worked in a lot of places, then its relatively quick. If you have, then all the more reason to be prepared, even if you don't submit it.

Hi vats,

Welcome to the forum. It's normal to have recommended on the immiaccount. As Peter pointed out in the post above if you click the get health details button underneath each applicant then you'll see if it has been updated with your medical clearance.

Hi Captain C,

I can see that you have been contacted by CO. Congrats on the movement in process of visa grant..!

Can anyone give me an idea of how long they are waiting for a CO? My agent said it's usually between 8 and 9 weeks

Our agent submitted our EOI yesterday and I've only got 60 points so not expecting an invite this round which isn't a tragedy as we aren't planning on going until September October next year so we're hoping to time the Medicals and police checks so we won't have to do a visa run.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long they are waiting for a CO? My agent said it's usually between 8 and 9 weeks

Our agent submitted our EOI yesterday and I've only got 60 points so not expecting an invite this round which isn't a tragedy as we aren't planning on going until September October next year so we're hoping to time the Medicals and police checks so we won't have to do a visa run.

Your agent is not far off. But it all depends on your application, some don't get a CO and just get a grant. Unfortunately there's no real set timeframe, but if you work on 8-9 weeks that's a good starting point.

Morning All,

Anymore updates from anyone?

We lodged on the 24th June, and have our medicals booked for the 8th August!

Still awaiting a CO to be assigned, we were told 6-8 weeks for that to be picked up.

5 weeks in and counting!

Dying to book flights etc, we are aiming to be out in Melbourne for the beginning of November :wink:

I phoned the general 1300 number and they said my CO was assigned a calendar month after I submitted my application however I have not been notified as they did an initial check and didn't require anything from me. I was approaching three months in the same week, but they said the three months starts from the date of CO allocation. Thereby meaning 4 months from date of submission. They said you will only be notified if the case officer needs something from you. I did find that a bit hard to believe as the website states that you will be notified of CO allocation within two weeks. They said that's not always the case and it's just a matter of waiting.

Guest LandL

That must be so frustrating!! I have seen other people say that CO will only contact you if they need something. Has you application status changed on you immi account to reflect that it has been assigned to someone? It amazes me that they still need 3 months even though they say they have everything!!

I did see from your signature that you did your medicals after your EOI but before your application .. I remember reading on the website that doing that can sometimes slow your application down and it is best to do it before you submit your EOI or after you apply .. i am only taking a wild guess but maybe thats why they are being so slow?! Good luck i hope your grant comes through soon!!

!

I phoned the general 1300 number and they said my CO was assigned a calendar month after I submitted my application however I have not been notified as they did an initial check and didn't require anything from me. I was approaching three months in the same week, but they said the three months starts from the date of CO allocation. Thereby meaning 4 months from date of submission. They said you will only be notified if the case officer needs something from you. I did find that a bit hard to believe as the website states that you will be notified of CO allocation within two weeks. They said that's not always the case and it's just a matter of waiting.

Hey all,

Can't say its a golden email but yeah I received the one grand email today morning. Mine was a direct grant. I had always read and seen people feeling relieved and happy as their grants came through. Today I know the feeling.! It just puts you to the seventh cloud. Worth the wait guys..!

Good luck everyone..!

I propose that we should be in touch even after getting the grants..!

Edited by CaptainC
Removed external reference

Hey all,

Can't say its a golden email but yeah I received the one grand email today morning. Mine was a direct grant. I had always read and seen people feeling relieved and happy as their grants came through. Today I know the feeling.! It just puts you to the seventh cloud. Worth the wait guys..!

Good luck everyone..!

Congratulations! I have looked at your signature and I take a lot of heart from the same. You lodged on 15th June and got a grant on 3rd August which is less than 2 months despite the fact that you uploaded the PCC only a few weeks back. By this logic I can hope to get a Visa by 30th Sept!!!! :)

Hey all,

Good luck everyone..!

Congratulations!!good luck with your new adventure x

Congratulations! I have looked at your signature and I take a lot of heart from the same. You lodged on 15th June and got a grant on 3rd August which is less than 2 months despite the fact that you uploaded the PCC only a few weeks back. By this logic I can hope to get a Visa by 30th Sept!!!! :)

Sure.! Why not.! It seems to me that they have been quite upto work in the new year of visa grants.. Good luck for your journey.!