189 Visa Lodged June 2015

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, hope you don't mind me joining this as we have applied for a 190 visa. We lodged ours 29th may and still waiting for CO contact... I thought I was patient but i'm really not! :wacko: Not done medicals or police checks yet however we are thinking of doing this to hopefully try and speed up the process.. rather than wait to be asked. We are heading to WA. Is anyone else? Myself, 30, my partner 35, and 2 kids, son 10, daughter 6.

Hi everyone,

I lodged my EOI on the 12th of June. Accountant. 60 points.

I have a few questions - any help will be highly appreciated:

1. Regarding the police check; I spent the first 18 years of my life in Jakarta, and the next five in Singapore, before moving into Melbourne. Two years ago, I acquired police check certificates from respective countries for TR purposes. Do u think it is necessary for me to acquire new police check for both countries? Since the check will have the exact same result for the exact same period.

2. My Temporary Resident visa will expired this 14th of October. Provided that a CO will be allocated to me in 3 months (12 September), will I have enough time until some sort (if any) of bridging visa is provided? Or shall I leave this country for a while?

Cheers! Good luck everyone.

Do you fil,tk out online or do you have to print it out and fill it in and scan it all?? Sorry if a stupid question . We've travelled but only on holidays so I'm not sure if we will need to, you are bound to be asked being in raf. Where are you heading?

You need to fill the document out by hand, in pen, it actually specifies that on the form. Heading to Perth, hopefully! How about you? I have declared all holidays etc too, it's horrible scrolling through Facebook looking for when you uploaded photos etc to get specific dates.

Good luck

Do you fil,tk out online or do you have to print it out and fill it in and scan it all?? Sorry if a stupid question í*½í¸•. We've travelled but only on holidays so I'm not sure if we will need to, you are bound to be asked being in raf. Where are you heading?

Not everybody is asked for a form 80, but it is an educated guess that you'd be asked for one if you have served in the military, lived in another country other than your country of citizenship, have any police cautions/convictions, as well as some other reasons.

You download the form complete it either on your computer or by hand, although it's preferred that it is typed.

Ensure that you download the current form as they change it every couple of months, so the only official source for the most up to date form is the border.gov.au website.

Hi everyone,

I lodged my EOI on the 12th of June. Accountant. 60 points.

I have a few questions - any help will be highly appreciated:

1. Regarding the police check; I spent the first 18 years of my life in Jakarta, and the next five in Singapore, before moving into Melbourne. Two years ago, I acquired police check certificates from respective countries for TR purposes. Do u think it is necessary for me to acquire new police check for both countries? Since the check will have the exact same result for the exact same period.

Cheers! Good luck everyone.

Police Clearance is only valid for one year, so you will need to renew them. Don't forget you'll also need an AFP PCC if you have been in Australia for 12 months or more as well.

Hi

How did you manage to front load your Medicals and Police checks before getting a CO? We asked our agent twice regarding this and they stated this couldn't be done?

when we tried to see if we could actually get a medical app. we were unable to because we didn't have the CO details to input on the application?

thanks

Hi

How did you manage to front load your Medicals and Police checks before getting a CO? We asked our agent twice regarding this and they stated this couldn't be done?

when we tried to see if we could actually get a medical app. we were unable to because we didn't have the CO details to input on the application?

thanks

If that's what your agent is telling you then they are wrong. You can upload your Meds and PCC straight after you've applied. I've done it.

You need access to your immiaccount if you want to see for yourself.

Edited by CaptainC

If that's what your agent is telling you then they are wrong. You can upload your Meds and PCC straight after you've applied. I've done it.

You need access to your immiaccount if you want to see for yourself.

Thanks CaptainC,

I think we misunderstood the agent.

We have just recieved our EOI so can now apply for the visa! I guess then we'll get a case number and can apply for the Medicals and Pcc, before we get a case officer? Is that right? thanks

Thanks CaptainC,

I think we misunderstood the agent.

We have just recieved our EOI so can now apply for the visa! I guess then we'll get a case number and can apply for the Medicals and Pcc, before we get a case officer? Is that right? thanks

Yes that's right.

When you have applied, go onto the visa page in immiaccount and you see the list of documents to upload.

Under each person on the application there will be a button 'Get health Details' click on that (for each person) and fill out the emedical questionnaire (again, for each person) When you've done that it will generate a PDF letter for you to print and take to the medical. In the top right corner there will be a HAP ID number, this is the number you need for booking medical exams.

Uploading PCC's are self explanatory when you see the upload document list on the immiaccount.

Hi, hope you don't mind me joining this as we have applied for a 190 visa. We lodged ours 29th may and still waiting for CO contact... I thought I was patient but i'm really not! :wacko: Not done medicals or police checks yet however we are thinking of doing this to hopefully try and speed up the process.. rather than wait to be asked. We are heading to WA. Is anyone else? Myself, 30, my partner 35, and 2 kids, son 10, daughter 6.

Most people get their meds and PCC's done without waiting to be asked so don't worry about that. I don't know what country you are from but there is some advice that if you are from a high risk country then you should wait until asked.

Note though that when you complete meds and PCC and subsequently receive a grant, you must enter Australia no more than 12 months from the earlier of either the medical or the PCC.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi,

I have submitted EOI on 11th June under 2211 code (accountant) with 65 points. I haven't got any invitation yet. what's your valuable thoughts for this?Many Thanks

Not much you can do other than wait I'm afraid. The next round is in August 2015 and although there is no exact date published yet it is predicted to be within the first two weeks.

You can download the PDF file of the Form 80 and complete it on your computer. Save it, then upload it to your immiaccount. Print off the page that requires your signature, then sign it and scan and upload that one.

You'll find that if you print and sign it then scan the entire document, the file will be too big.

Concur with this post. The file size must be no bigger than 5MB. Like PomCop says it's very difficult to get Form80 down to under 5MB especially (like me) if you have additional sheets to include. I did exactly what is stated in the above post except I used Adobe Acrobat (free trial) to make it into one file including the signature page.

• 2 weeks later...
Evening all, has anyone heard anything yet? I assume they will be busy with the backlog but I'm starting to get tetchy now!

Hi! We were told by our emigration visa agent it is currently taking around 3 months for a skilled independent visa so I'm not holding out to hear anything until the end of September! If it comes through earlier then great!! X

Hi! We were told by our emigration visa agent it is currently taking around 3 months for a skilled independent visa so I'm not holding out to hear anything until the end of September! If it comes through earlier then great!! X

I got told by mine they are currently running at 6-8 weeks, who knows eh?! Good luck and fingers crossed its sooner rather than later.

I've paid the fee on 13th July. I've had done my PCC but my wife's PCC might take some time(say 10-15 days). We have medicals booked for Tuesday 21st July.

So if I upload everything once the medicals are done except my wife's PCC which will take some more days, will my visa be delayed? When should I expect visa? I know there is no sure shot date but still a rough estimate would be fine so that I can plan accordingly.

I've paid the fee on 13th July. I've had done my PCC but my wife's PCC might take some time(say 10-15 days). We have medicals booked for Tuesday 21st July.

So if I upload everything once the medicals are done except my wife's PCC which will take some more days, will my visa be delayed? When should I expect visa? I know there is no sure shot date but still a rough estimate would be fine so that I can plan accordingly.

It mainly depends on the completeness of your application I would imagine. If they look at it and it isn't complete then there is a chance that they will just open another application and process that instead.

Some people say that a 'decision ready application' will be processed quicker but others say that it doesn't matter.

Also, applications are split between GSM processing centres in Adelaide and Brisbane, so that possibly affects application processing times if you're unlucky enough to go to the desk of a case officer who is on leave. There are just so many factors, that it's impossible to say with certainty.

Some have been granted for late May applicants already and others in April are still waiting. If you aim to wait for three months (which is the stipulated processing target for 75% of applications) then if you get yours earlier than that it will be a nice surprise.

Although it's hard, (I do it myself) try not to compare yourself to other applicants and the speed of their applications, as you can't possibly know what they have included or if they have different circumstances to yours.

Right I have uploaded everything I can think of to visa, just have to do the form 80 for both of us. Have been relatively relaxed about the whole process but now suddenly feeling panicked incase I miss anything!!! :wacko: This is the downside to not using an agent. :frown:

Guest LandL

Glad to see we are not the only ones going through this without a MA. Did as much research as possible so fingers crossed we've done it right! The waiting is frustrating but we lodged on June 11th so i wasn't expecting to hear anything until at least mid-August at the earliest..trying to keep my mind occupied which was fine whilst i was working but have just broken up for the summer holidays so my brain has gone into overdrive!

<<Civil Engineer with Secondary Teacher partner, Lodged June 11th all documents uploaded including PCC, Medicals done June 23rd.. now we wait>>

If you managed to get this far without a MA I think you are doing ok. I also lodged without a MA and hopefully everything is in order. Lodged on 24 June so hopefully as you said will hear back in the next couple of weeks. << Computer network and systems engineer and wife, Lodged 24 June all documents uploaded including PCC, form 80 and medicals done 26th June >>

If you managed to get this far without a MA I think you are doing ok. I also lodged without a MA and hopefully everything is in order. Lodged on 24 June so hopefully as you said will hear back in the next couple of weeks. << Computer network and systems engineer and wife, Lodged 24 June all documents uploaded including PCC, form 80 and medicals done 26th June >>

Hi everyone.! I am new to this thread but share the same anxiety as everyone else. Lodged on June 15th (without MA) and waiting...... Hope everything is fine on the other end.

I have a doubt though: I got my meds done on June27th but the progress tab on immiaccount still says recommended. I called the panel docs to check and they said that they had uploaded all the results long back. Dont know if the immigration website doesn't update about health examinations. I had uploaded PCC after that which have been received as per the progress tab there.

Wonder what's going on.