QuakerBaker

300 Prospective Marriage Visa. Case Officer letter query. Help please.

Hello all,

Briefly, I am in the UK, fiancé is in Australia (She has diual nationality). Using an Australian immigration lawyer/advisor. Application and all documents submitted 16/4/15 by the lawyer. HAP ID was issued and I did the medical back in April.

Have now had an email from the case officer in the UK requesting certain documents that we have already submitted and that I book the medical. Is this a standard letter that goes out?

Also the processing time has lept up from 9-12 months to 10-14 and we plan to marry in February '16 in Sydney. How long did your 300 take and/or is this likely to be an outside time? Might it go through quicker?

Thank you all.

This sounds normal.

Feb 2010 Prospective Marriage Visa | Nov 2010 Temporary Partner Visa | Nov 2012 Permanent Partner Visa | Jan 2015 Australian Citizenship

Have now had an email from the case officer in the UK requesting certain documents that we have already submitted and that I book the medical. Is this a standard letter that goes out?

Hi QuakerBaker,

Best if you checked with your migration lawyer about the request for seemingly already-provided documents. Your migration lawyer should be able to advise further, as he or she is in the best position to do so.

Regards

Peter

Ptlabs Consulting Pty Ltd | MARN 0427067 | http://ptlabs.com.au/

Hi QuakerBaker,

Best if you checked with your migration lawyer about the request for seemingly already-provided documents. Your migration lawyer should be able to advise further, as he or she is in the best position to do so.

Regards

Peter

Thank you. I did and he said it wasn't something he thought it worth checking.

Thank you. I did and he said it wasn't something he thought it worth checking.

Hi QuakerBaker

I had the letter yesterday asking me to do my medicals and police checks after Dec 11th 2015, which is 6 months from the lodgement date. However I have done the Medical already a week before we applied for the visa. I think they ask you to wait as you need to have the medical for when you enter Australia, and by next June for me is cutting it very fine. I am redoing them in December.

PMV 300 lodged online in UK 11/6/15 Granted 29/3/15 Moved to Australia 1/4/2016

Got Married! 26/11/16 Applied for 820 16/12/16

Currently living in Busselton, WA