Number of dogs in the suburbs?

JEM44

Hi, I am just waiting for our quotes to take my two dogs to Oz with us next year. If we weren't moving we would have a third by now, but 1: don't want the expense of shipping 3 dogs and 2: I think it may only be possible to have two dogs in a suburban property. Is this correct?

We we are planning on Perth around the northern suburbs, can anyone tell me if dogs have to registered with the city council etc and if there is a limit you can have?

Thanks.

Laura

Only two...unless you apply for a special license.

I have two dogs in Perth and did get them a lifetime registration with my local council...but then we moved suburbs, so not sure if I'm meant to get a new one or not....but I won't because as far as I'm concerned ive paid my money.

it is another money making scheme...but it does have advantages too. If your dog was to escape, normally if found, the finder will ring the ranger, the ranger has your details, you get your dogs back.

upon saying that, it is only a tag to put on their collar that they get, one of mine has lost theirs.

Also to get into Aus your dogs will need to be microchipped anyway, so get them to the local vet when you get here and they can hopefully get the details on the chip changed.

I know someone in my own suburb (SOR) who got one because she trains dogs.

A member on here in Perth got one too, but I'm not sure how.

Personally, now, if I wanted another dog I would just get one and keep quiet about it.

Once in three years, I've been stopped and checked by the ranger.

Archived