jimithechew

Farm Manager......What are the chances?

Hi All,

Posting this for a friend who wants to move to Oz with his family. I have looked on the SOL for Farm Manager (hes been one for 10+ years in the UK) and found nothing. Do you guys know if:

1. Farm managers are ever on the SOL

2. Can Farm managers get a 457 sponsorship?

3. If no to any of the above, is there any possible route over here, or is it just a case of not required, therefore no chance of getting over here.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

JTC

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err:

There are a large amount of farming occupations on the csol. For a permanent visa he would need to check if he matches one and then see if any States are sponsoring.

If no states are sponsoring he could attempt to find a job willing to sponsor.

e.g. Currently NT offers sponsorship for Vegetable Farm Manager.

Sina Sarkarati MARN 1461089 www.deltaimmigration.com.au

This is only for your general information and NOT an immigration advice or any other type of professional advice.

Don't want to be a bore but farming in the NT would be way different from European farming because of the climate and way of life. Not to put them off but perhaps need a fair bit of research before making the move.

I know that Tasmania was looking to recruit experienced Dairy Farm Managers last year. I imagine the situation is still the same this year as the dairy industry here is experiencing significant growth at the moment.